Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Forgotten the taste and smell

Early Morning Snow
P
Shiroshika
Adventurer
03-07-2022, 11:47 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2022, 03:44 PM by Gyrfalcon. Edited 1 time in total.)
 Rage and anger could fuel a soul pretty far. After leaving Kuhn, she travelled far and quickly, as quickly as her three legs could take her. She barely stopped to take a rest, no, she didn't want to linger a second longer. She needed to share the news and she'd be damned if she'd stop for any-fucking-thing.

She did pause briefly to catch her breath every now and again but for the most part, she was in constant motion. Fuck him. That was the mantra that played over and over again, along with their heated conversation. It was like the richest of meals that kept her going.

When she did make it back to Tsukiishi, she was ruffled and disheveled in appearance. It looked for all the world like she'd been in a scrap but there were no wounds. She was shaking though, legs burning and chest heaving... but the only one causing herself harm was... well... herself. However, her eyes shone brightly, angrily. She was tired but there was fight inside of her yet. Her exhaustion did not show through in her howl as she bid the queen to come to her, to hear what she had to say. After her brief pause to howl, she continued forward so that she may meet her empress halfway. She wouldn't stop until her mission was complete.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: Untitled_Artwork.gif]
03-08-2022, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2022, 11:15 PM by Reiko. Edited 1 time in total.)
Gyrfalcon was sent to share word with Vanderfell of Shiroshika's troublesome duo. If only she knew the two only seem to be causing them grief and no one else despite all the attempts made to understand and work with each other.

It seemed that even now it would continue as Gyrfalcon returned, calling for Reiko who was quick to rise and make haste to greet the tired messenger. Tired was an understatement.

She looked exhausted, down to the final flickering light of a fire that was evidently burning behind those golden eyes.“Gyrfalcon!” Even with the throbbing pain that shot up her leg with every step she didn't break her stride to meet with the exhausted bird.

“What happened?” Concern painted her features as she looked over the woman, taking the time to gingerly groom a bit of her face to free it of any tangles, dirt and flyaways in a desperate attempt to try and make her feel better.“Please rest and tell me of your travels.”

Perhaps sending Gyrfalcon was too tall of order - a thought that flashed with guilt through the Empress' mind, swiftly shoved away remembering the bird's wings may be clipped but she was still much stronger than many four-legged individuals. Something had occurred during her travels, something that stopped Gyrfalcon from resting when necessary.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: df686pz-0c7a3fc2-8eca-4da1-8429-49fa07fd3bab.png]
translator, I'm sorry if it is horrible for anyone fluent in Japanese!
Adventurer
03-09-2022, 12:58 AM
 Seeing Reiko set new fire to her limbs as she sped up but she nearly tripped and the exhaustion finally caught up to her as Reiko reached her. Her rear legs buckled and she was forced into a tired wide-legged sit. Her tongue lolled out of her mouth but she was still quite furious. Reiko fussed over her and admittedly, deep down she found the concern warming. It wasn't concern over the cripple, or her leg, it was for her as a whole. Due to her harrowing adventure.

"That-- that-- Fuck!" The combination of anger and exhaustion made the words unable to come out. Deep breaths. In. Out. Calm down. Catch your breath. She allowed herself to be soothed by Reiko's attention, to calm her wildly beating heart.

She had to explain what happened.

"Good news," She said through gritted teeth. "I reached Vanderfell and told Ira directly of them" They both knew what "them" she was speaking of so spitefully. "She said she would like to meet with you in a week's time. She'll call for you when she's here... she's appreciative of the news and just wants clarification on some things." And then she frowned, face splitting back into a full-on mask of rage. "Because those two SCAT-MUNCHERS went to her territory and claimed they were able to give 'promises of knowledge and trade'!" She spoke the quoted part as mockingly as she could, imagining that's how Valmua would have sounded simpering up to Ira. She let out a derisive laugh afterwards. What fucking posers! "Can you believe that?! OH! And that's not even the best part! You know what is?!"

She leaned over to Reiko so that she could look into the woman's eyes to give the gravity of the situation, "Kuhn stopped me on my way back."

the staff team luvs u
Medic
03-09-2022, 11:26 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2022, 04:24 PM by Reiko. Edited 1 time in total.)
Gyrfalcon didn't pull away as Reiko groomed the little fly-away hairs and dirt she could gingerly groom out of her fur without being too overbearing. A lick here, some detangling with the front teeth all the while she listened carefully to Gyrfalcon's fiery words. Slowly she had gotten accustomed to the harsh words uttered by the other members of Shiroshika, Gyrfalcon especially had a foul mouth but words were but colourful language. Reiko herself wouldn't partake in such language but it could be ignored much easier now than once before.

A hum of appreciation to the news and acknowledgement of Ira's visit coming soon to clarify things. Reiko wouldn't have it any other way honestly. She preferred everyone to be on the same page after all and perhaps the Vanderfell High Queen would have some advice on such a situation like this one.

“Thank you Gyrfalcon for your hard work.” Even if the news of Kuhn and Valmua already beating them to Vanderfell wasn't the type of news Reiko wanted to hear, there wasn't anything they could do about it now other than talking to Ira personally upon her visit. A frown tugged lightly on her lips at the thought however of how much more grief those two would put them through by now slithering their way into possible allies' pockets.

The next thing uttered however stopped Reiko's grooming and forced her to pull back. Alarmed she would begin to look Gyrfalcon over.“What?!” Her usually gentle voice pitched as she buzzed around Gyrfalcon, looking for any signs of injury.“He did not hurt you did he?” The woman whined almost angrily. Filled with a confusion concoction of anger and sorrow for Gyrfalcon's health.

the staff team luvs u
03-10-2022, 03:33 AM
 "Y-you're welcome." It felt so nice to here. It was like a --brief-- soothing balm to her tortured psyche but it didn't and wouldn't last forever.

Her news of the tiger had alarmed the empress. That much she wasn't surprised about. With his ignorance and penchant to chase his friend's tail, she wouldn't be surprised if he did break crazy one day. He'd already threatened them.

And didn't regret it... Those words echoed in her mind.

"Don't worry, I'm fine. Asshole just wanted to harrass me with his words apparently. He specifically said though that 'he didn't regret the threat' that he made." She wrinkled her snout as if she was smelling something most foul as she relieved the memory. "I tried to go around him, I swear I did. But he was intent on hassling me! He even pretended as if he didn't know why were upset at him!" Her words were a mixture of rage and incredulousness. "And he tried to personally insult me like I don't think for myself and can't see how much of a shitty person he is. Hypocritical, right? As if he doesn't get high off of Valmua's farts!" The fucking nerve. "Are we going to do anything about them? If they've gone to Vanderfell there's no telling if there spreading lies to all the other packs, trying to unite them against us or something!" What if they'd already gone to others further south? What if they were sitting ducks with the wolf and tiger's strange vendetta against them?

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
03-10-2022, 05:38 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2022, 08:14 PM by Reiko. Edited 1 time in total.)
While circling she could not find any wounds on the bird's being, and she would confirm it moments later. Kuhn was simply being the annoyance he had always been this past year. It seemed he had also not learned of their previous meeting. Instead only doubling down on his bullheaded nature which brought wrinkles on the gentle slope of the Empress' face.“Of course he does not.” How could they be surprised?

“I know you did.” Trying to comfort Gyrfalcon's out-of-control rage, Reiko would try to nuzzle the bottom of the bird's muzzle. To lift her chin up before pulling back to stand by her side.“We will.” She'd reassure about 'doing something about them'. As much as Reiko would have preferred for them all to ignore one another and live peacefully, it never seemed to be a possibility with those two.

“I will speak with Ira and see what she says first. Perhaps she will have advice. If not... Well, I certainly hope it does not come to that.” The pack, her children and friends always had to come first. If @Kuhn and @Valmúa were going to continue their antics and insist on acting like villains, then they would be treated as such. As much as she strived for peace, the life and comfort of the pack would come first and foremost over the lives of two tormentors.

“Come, you are tired and must be hungry, let us eat and rest in the hot springs.” The hot springs were certainly wonderful blessings for moments like these.

the staff team luvs u
03-11-2022, 03:52 PM
 Reiko's gentle gestures did not go unnoticed and succeeded in stifling the flame the burned in the woman's heart. She would allow herself to be placated and would turn to look at Reiko as she stood beside her. There was still a frown on her face but she did not look as if she were ready to spit into the faces of their tormentors. They would do something. She didn't know what. But something. It would soothe her for now.

Except... with the anger gone...

There was nothing but emptiness as the hunger and exhaustion rolled over her.

"She seems like a pretty grounded wolf." Wise, more experienced, she probably had a lot to offer. The falcon would shake her head and neck, clearing the snow that had collected there. She forced herself to her paws, holding onto the image of the small comforts to help her onward. "That... sounds nice. Thanks."

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top