Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
The fights that keep us awake

Midnight Partly Cloudy
P
Sanatorium
Visionary
11-28-2021, 09:24 PM
 One would think with a night like tonight, the weather would be terrible... but it wasn't. It was clear, the moon shining down above. It had illuminated her hunt and practically lead her to the scrawny coyote. The beast had been hunting something else when she'd pounced on its back and sunk her fangs into its neck. It was young, weak, a poor hunter most likely. Exalted had likely done the creature a favor by putting it out of its misery...

In any case, she walked back to the Eye in preparation to give the creature over to the True Mother for her consumption. She dragged it along the floor of the ancient halls with its strange pictures and the tiny scuttling bugs that scurried to get out of her way. She went down, down, down into the deepest reaches of their chambers where the river flowed red and where the Mother slept.

It was worrying with how long it had been since her return from Death. The Mother was still weak, still gathering strength. How long would it be before she recovered fully? To Exalted she was akin to a god and she was ready for her return.

Except, when she reached the Mouth of Anubis, what she saw had her heart fluttering with joy... at first. Odium was standing in the river of Anubis, her body coated in red, like she'd just had a bath in Sinners' blood. Did this mean that she was ready to assume the throne once more?

She dropped the coyote from her jaws so that she could speak properly, "Mother? Are you well now? Shall I bring the Disciples in to see your Ascencion?" Except, when the words left her jaws and the large white warmaiden turned a smile onto her... Exalted felt like her heart would stop. No, no, this was not right. The white wolf shook her head and then nodded to her, as if to say that it was her time now. This was no Ascencion to the Throne. This was an Ascencion to the Afterlife.

Their Mother's reward for a job well done.

Exalted took a step forward, "No, not yet. There is more left for me to learn from you!" There was something in her voice, a hint of panic as she took another step. There was a vulnerability there that she only ever showed Odium, the vulnerability and uncertainty of a child.

As the red water flowed down Odium's body, falling across her face like she had been opened with a thousand wounds, she began to fade away. Slowly as she said, "Lead the Disciples to greatness. Lead the Sinners to Death." Like a rallying cry, something that stirred the yearling's heart... but it didn't chase away the sadness as the Mother faded away.

Unsure of what else to do she howled urgently for Misha. He was a true follower despite his many flaws, he was the one she trusted the most right now. The one that Mother had given that blessed task. She called him and hoped he was around to hear her as she took more steps towards the fading form of their True Mother.

the staff team luvs u
Counsellor
11-28-2021, 11:50 PM
Misha was lazing about in the catacombs, not needing to hide away in his outskirt den for once. He was not as nocturnal as the other wolves in Sanatorium. After all the traveling around he was ready to just kick back and wind down for a while. Still his head lingered with heavy thoughts. Exalted had spoken of Odium. The mother was back and he was trying to figure out what to make of that. Feared that his death would be soon at this rate. He might be able to spin a few more lies to change the others minds but the mother was smart too.

He was snapped out of his pondering as a howl he knew all too well rung out for him. He swore he heard that howl every night these days for Exalted to bitch at him about one thing or another. Normally he would be annoyed, furious about his rest being disturbed. The urgency however in this summoning erased all normal behavior. Concern quickly overcame him as he got up and hurried, perhaps just a little faster because it was Exalted. Something was wrong. The war mongrel would never show such weakness in a summoning that easily. His mind playing all kinds of scenarios as he realized she was further below the Eye. Only Mother should be there.

As Misha finally made it down to the red river, panting up a storm, he was shocked to see...well, nothing. Only Exalted was here. Normally he would be ready to give an earful of wasting his time and making him actually concerned for her dumb ass. Jokes on him for having a heart. Yet, the expression she wore prevented him from being angry. It was an expression he had seen much of in his life, but yet to in this world. 

"Exalted..." He quietly called out in a voice he had never used with her before. It was gentle, like a wisp on a soothing breeze. That one word, that name he spoke held a lot of meanings. Concern, curiosity, validation, etc. A mixture as he slunk near her with careful steps, his eyes observing more that he had first missed. She somehow even looked more pale, her breathing was so fast with such trembles. "You're shaking..." He stated with a tinge of sadness he did not often share.

He refrained from touching her, deciding to give her space as he tried to figure out what was up. A question in the back of his mind echoing loudly. Where was mother?
the staff team luvs u

[Image: derw4zh-08505457-edb1-4ea3-87a0-d6b4c314...1MQyMAPO0s]

Visionary
11-29-2021, 12:09 AM
 Her eyes were on her, never wavering as she crept forward. Her tail was tucked as deep in her throat, she whined. Don't go... The walked to the edge of the waters and stared at her fading form. She knew what this was and didn't want it to be so. She needed it to be something different, she still needed the wisdom of the Mother.

How could she fill Odium's pawsteps?

"Exalted..."

A voice as sweet as honey, as calming as tea, called out to her from behind. She almost didn't recognize his voice... Her head turned to look at him and for once, she was not the haughty woman that he knew but instead the scared girl that hid behind her bravado. He approached and part of her wanted to throw on her mask and explain what had happened and part of her wanted to throw herself against his side. He was the one who knew what truly went on here, the behind-the-scenes things that kept Sanatorium going. Now that Mother wasn't here--

Wait. Mother!

She whipped her head around to see... nothing. She was gone, completely faded away. Taken by Death to leave them alone.

"She's gone! Did you not see?" Her ears were pinned and the whites of her eyes showed. Her tongue ran across her lips in uncertainty as she finally broke free of her pride and crossed the distance to throw herself into his side, head tucking into his neck as she fought off tears. "Death has taken her, Misha! She is gone! We're alone!" Was she ready for this role? She'd always felt bolstered by the fact that Odium lay within these chambers, always here to give advice but now? Now she was truly alone.

She needed to ground herself, to steel her mind and soul for this new chapter in Sanatorium's history. "The True Mother has ascended into the afterlife..." She intoned, closing her eyes and taking a breath of the familiar scent that he radiated. He'd come here, not speaking his usually vitriol and annoyances. At least for now, he wasn't irritating her. In this moment, she had to gather herself.

the staff team luvs u
Counsellor
11-29-2021, 02:00 AM
Misha tensed as Exalted whipped back to him and in front of her, speaking incoherent babbles like a madwoman from Babylon. He decided to keep his mouth shut as he observed her nervously. Such an odd sight, it was a little hard to process everything that was happening. Had she finally snapped? As she spoke of death though, he had a feeling he knew exactly where this was going. Mother had passed away. Before he even had a chance to talk to her, to try and leech onto a parental figure one more time. How typical. It was a bittersweet feeling. One last way for the baba yaga to mess with him. She was a liar till the end.

He almost opened his maw in response, but suddenly the large wolf moved, and before he knew it she had embraced him. Her head under his neck as her shaking form sought solace from his warmth. She finally realized it. This painful loneliness, this toska. They had been alone from the start. The ruse of hope and dreams created an illusion that they all fell into. Abandoned even by the gods. There was nothing in this world of meaning.

He found himself resting his head down on hers, creating a crevice of a shelter for her to hide away in. He merely hummed then, trying to get her to settle as he quickly tried to gather his own thoughts. However her scent, something was off about it in several ways. There was a scent that was not her own upon her. It was familiar...like mother's. This smell, it caused his head to ache. A deja vu was felt that had nothing to do with this world or anyone here, and yet it had every reason to deal with him. It was as if a forgotten seed in his brain had just been watered. An awakening would soon befall him. The second thing about her scent was that it was awfully distracting, it brought a feeling he did not understand exactly. It wasn't just of desire, it was as if it were a need-ah! Maybe things were just starting to click for him. The curtains had been pulled up for him.

Pushing this all away as he tried to ignore his newfound headache, he finally spoke to her. "Does it matter?" He asked, assuming that would get a rise out of her. However, he spoke before she could react dramatically to his words. His tail wrapping around Exalted as he spoke. "In life she was weaker anyways. With the blessing of death, she is stronger than ever and ready to guide you and Sanatorium to greatness. Believe me, this is merely your destiny. It is a long and lonely burden I know far too well. But that is where the blessing lies in the disguise. I am here to keep you grounded. To ensure the safety of this pack is my own destiny. Do not fret about it all at once. Let's regroup here, take a deep breath and let the Mother's power flow within you." He said calmly and continued to hum with the occasional deep breath to get her into a rhythm. He did not believe in most of the words he had spoken to her. And she was still a thorn bush that needed to be uprooted from his path of conquest. But time was on his side and if everything fell apart now they would have nothing. And with this new feeling in his chest he decided she was not allowed to fall apart until he deemed it worthy. With this embrace his metaphorical vines have rooted into her. He was now her parasite for the rest of this sorry excuse for a life.
the staff team luvs u

Visionary
11-29-2021, 02:48 AM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2021, 02:48 AM by Exalted. Edited 1 time in total.)
 Misha did not shy away from her, didn't make fun of her, and didn't do anything else that would otherwise piss her off like normal. He moved his head to rest on top of hers and cradled her in an embrace that felt strangely... nice. It was like when Zag used to visit and cuddle with her. The difference being that she had no defined crush on this man --that she knew of-- and was reveling in his warmth not due to her rush of hormones but instead the feeling of needing to be held and reassured. It was that confusion that she had felt before, where she felt like she should be angry by virtue of who this was... but she wasn't. She just wanted to seek out comfort and just... sit here.

And then he ruined it.

Did it matter? She could feel her lips pull back from her fangs as she prepared to rebuke him, until he forged ahead to prevent that.

Smart man.

His words washed over her as she lifted her head to look up at him, she didn't pull away from his embrace and instead sat there with him... allowing his tail to embrace her in its hold. He had always been a snake but his words were nothing but encouragement. She allowed his deep hum to reverberate through her, to wash over her and take away the uncertainty. Mother believed in her and surprisingly Misha believed in her. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes again, preparing herself for what was to be done. There was a few moments where she just sat, soaking in his support and thinking of everything that needed to be done to rebuild them.

Finally she would open her eyes and there would be a renewed resolve there, a power in those blue and pink orbs. "Death knew where our True Mother was most useful." Death knew what was best from them all. "And our True Mother knew that she wanted me as her heir. She will continue to guide us... Death is who we serve and who dictates all but our True Mother is our patron deity." She would pray to Odium and hope that their Mother would continue to speak with her. Even if her physical body was gone, she would always be here in spirit. Yes... she had to remember that. It had always been clear as she was The First Daughter and even now at the Ascension, Mother had given the title to Exalted. Then, she looked at him keenly, shrewdly. Surely, he had something here to gain... "And what of you? You have always wanted power... Is there something you want out of this? A new title? New responsibilities?" He had been a Disciple but they both knew that he had earned more. He'd served Mother proudly by bringing home those of white pelts and he served further by being the one to offer support in this rocky time. His worth had been proven a thousand times over, personality be damned. "Do you want to help me as my most trusted Witness? The one who saw the Ascencion of Mother and I?" She spoke almost sweetly, voice quiet in his ear as she sat there right beside him. Still not pulling away as she felt the strange flutters of something in her chest and gut.

the staff team luvs u
Counsellor
11-30-2021, 08:57 PM
Misha gave her the time she needed. This was quite the development for her after all. Instead he took the silent break to allow himself the time to memorize the sound and feeling of her pulse. Veins had always reminded him of vines. The kind that wrapped around and choked out the rest of life while keeping itself healthy. Wolves were much the same in that aspect. So in a way to Misha this was a glimpse into the other's twisted core. A musical note that made him want to dance.

As Exalted recovered enough and spoke, Misha found himself nodding, encouraging her. Thankfully she wasn't able to see the face of disgust he wore as she spoke of being the right heir. Yeah right, what an ego. He was obviously the correct heir, the prince bathed in light for all to rot their flesh in and seek retribution. Suddenly Exalted turned to look at him and quickly put on that plastic smile. He had been expecting her to bark orders at him now with her new crown attached. Instead he was taken by surprise, clearly having underestimated her. She spoke of him, she noticed him. A small look of surprise was etched onto his face, a window peek at the soul. To Misha, this was much more than what Exalted thought it was. It was an invitation to share in suffering, to sacrifice her very being to let him feast upon the lust of power. It was submission of her love and the approval of what he stood as. The Messiah, the savior of this world and now of her world that she would make upon these sands.

In the flash of an eye, he dexterously kicked Exalted's front paws from underneath her, using the sudden advantage of her body lowering to push off balance onto the ground. His face close to hers, the possibility of being bit by her just made the thrill that much more exciting. If she did not struggle he would lower himself to snuggle her body with his own. The expression he wore was one he had not shown to her yet. Eyes glazed and face seemingly heated, the expression was a mix of ardor and seduction. Mania at an all time high, his eyes seemed to just be glowing even brighter due to the darkness.

"I am honored. I will be more than just your witness." He started with, voice smooth and a few octaves lower than normal. He almost seemed mature, dangerous. "I will be the sun to light this darken path of death. The apostle of your voice. Together we will turn you into a vessel worthy to lead. Consider this my oath to your soul and heart." It was surprisingly tender, almost nonsensical, but it was his agreement, his way of committing to her path for now, to keep her secrets on a journey that neither of them may live long in. Of how he saw her destiny to be one that would be entangled in his and consumed by it. His head, the pounding was getting worse.
the staff team luvs u

Visionary
11-30-2021, 11:41 PM
 There was surprise there, a look brought on by his possible disbelief of her wanting to let him rise. It pleased her, to catch him off guard. It was a joyous feeling that he didn't know what she was thinking. That she could bring the gift of surprise to him. Of course, he would accept the proposal, there was no way he would have less with his ego. Conceited whelp...

Oh, but he would prove that he still had surprises in store for her.

In one swift motion, she found her paws swept out from under her. Before she even realized it, she was on the ground with Misha standing over her. How dare he? Was this some tantrum brought on by not getting what he wanted? Her lips pulled back from her fangs in a snarl, her bicolored eyes were slitted as she prepared to lunge at his legs... but stopped.

His face was close to her own, eyes lit in an expression she had yet to see. Something about it brought chills to her spine and made her lower her lips... and lick them nervously. What was this emotion that heat his face and colored his eyes in beautiful tones of savage greens? What was this that stilled her anger and made her want to draw him in so that she could taste him?

They were such strong feelings... stronger even than those of when she'd had a crush on Zag... She shuddered when he pulled his body in to hers. His voice felt several octaves lower as it reverberated in her body and chilled her in heated passion. "Then this is your prayer unto me, your devotion to my cause. We will gather the Disciples and the Sinners and they shall watch as I ascend as the new Mother here in this bloody river." She breathed into his ear. "My Children will witness me arise in my most Divine form." She would bathe in the blood of the Damned here and all would watch as she emerged streaked in crimson and washed clean for her new title. The one closest to the True Mother and to Death to speak their will and words to their followers.

Then, she pulled him in close with her paws as she reached out her tongue to caress him on the muzzle. This was not like before when she'd teased him. No. This was something else entirely. It was raw, passionate... new to both he and to her. Broaching uncharted grounds.

"Know this, my Closest Witness, if you betray me, your death will not be swift. You will beg me for Its embrace and I will take a thousand suns longer to deal my retribution." And that too was a promise, whispered deadly and true into his ears of alabaster. Then she would look at him with her gaze full of warmth and passion as she held him in that moment.

the staff team luvs u
Visionary
12-01-2021, 03:01 AM
Misha found himself letting out a chuckle as she breathed in his ear. A pleasant feeling. "That will probably be a wise move. All must appreciate your power now." He flattered simply. The gears in his head were turning as he tried to figure out the next parts of this puzzle. He didn't have long to think however as Exalted pulled him close and ran her tongue on his muzzle. He couldn't help but to shiver from the action as he looked at her with eyes of want. He was surprised she had it in her. Expected her to be as bashful as she was naive. But no, what a temptress. This whole intimate dance was something he had no doubts he was more familiar with than her. She had guts.

He immediately went to nip at the fur of her neck as she whispered her own prayer upon his ears. He almost laughed and almost cried at the same time for a magnitude of reasons. What a fool! Their dance on that spiritual night had taught her nothing about him. He was the black sheep of the group. He hated the concept of death, feared its embrace. For that meant enteral damnation and pain. To be prolonged from the inevitable even if by torture was nothing less but a blessing to him. Immortality was the concept from humanity that he valued and envied, what he would ever worship again if he became an apostle of sorts. Exalted was practically inviting such a stab in the back. Or was she trying to become his best friend? Maybe both at this rate with such words. He would not comment about it, fear her changing of mind from such a demise.

Lifting his head to look at her as she withdrew her muzzle from his ear, they both exchanged a look he was about to describe, and it was then that he felt it. His brain popped like popcorn a-set with flames. He was not looking at her pink blue eyes anymore but hazel ones from a long forgotten life. It was like a fountain of color played in her eyes as he remembered all of his past life, the albino acting as a movie screen. He thought he arrived here when his mother had just passed, oh but no. He had lived long enough for even her grave to crumble away. It seems both he and Exalted would have their own awakenings together. It was as if Pandora's box had open. Yet he made no reaction. He just stared at Exalted until he finally took a deep breath and sighed. The moment he had just felt and shared between them was ruined. He needed to keep it together. Focus, don't linger on the past right now.

If she were sharp she would notice his very being almost seemed to grow cold, melancholic like of the time where she had killed a wolf that threatened his life. Parting from her to have his own space again and groom his fur a bit, he gave her that plastic smile. Already he was closing himself off again. They needed to get serious anyways. "Before we go out to the world and start anew, I think we need to have an important talk first." He started with, trying to gauge her reaction from such a sentence.
the staff team luvs u

12-02-2021, 01:08 AM
 Yes, he agreed with her. When would be a good time for this? Perhaps in a day's time to give her time to prepare. Mayhaps she could track down her little decorator and have herself dressed to the nines for this momentous occasion. Yes... that would be perfect. She had to look her best for this occasion and she would spare no expense.

Misha's delightful teasing brought her back to the present, it warmed her when he nibbled at the fur there. She felt as if she wanted more of that although in her mind it was only because it was a pleasant sensation and not because of something pushing at the bounds of adulthood. Of this world she was still naive and did not even realize it. She just pushed and did as these sensations bid without the full understanding.

Although to her chagrin... or was it relief? Did everything seem to come to a stop. As they locked eyes, he seemed to close himself off... something was different but this time it was familiar. Had he become insulted by her words? Her own eyes narrowed; their fleeting time of flirtation had obviously passed as she glared up at him. Did she need to worry about him? Something whispered in the back of her mind but she shoved it away. No, he knew better. Perhaps he'd become angry because he internalized how much more power she held.

The yearling's face dropped to an expression of neutrality as she too pulled away from him and began to groom herself as well, grooming her coat free of his clinging scent. At his words, she cast an ear back towards him, followed by her sharp gaze. There was nothing in it but her own tempered curiosity. What did he want now? Though, she did enjoy messing with him. "We've already had our important talk. I will gather us all in a day's time so that Sanatorium can bear witness to the changing of leadership." It seemed as if she wouldn't let him have a word in edgewise after that, even with her own curiosity... but then she dipped her head, "But what thing did you wish to discuss further?" And she would turn fully to face him, wondering if she'd hear some mad raving about his importance. He actually was important now but it still didn't mean she couldn't give him shit for his arrogance.

the staff team luvs u
12-02-2021, 06:18 PM
Misha could feel the lids of his eyes droop as Exalted spoke a few words as if that were the end and beginning of this simple tale. He couldn't help but let out a disappointed sigh, the usual sass returning to their dynamic. He wanted to just call her an idiot but he now was her advisor of sorts. It was important for her to understand the situation they were in. "Why yes, that's all good but you must understand Ex-I mean Mother. The status of our family is, I dare say, terribly off. Our flesh has been left to rot in the sun for too long without a proper leader as Odium was recovering. We need to ensure a proper foundation for the pack so that we may grow again. With such vulnerability your head is practically on a platter. Family is family but all who identify weakness may ignore humanity if it means they gain. There might be doubt even if you can handle such a job. You do not realize it, but you are weak right now, for you have in a way been reborn. We need a restoration plan. Action speaks louder than words." He tried to convey to her.

Giving himself a moment to gather his thoughts, he traced a familiar pattern invisibly upon his head with a single claw, the motion was experimental while he shut his eyes closed tight. If she spoke to him during this process he would merely ignore her.

Finally after a few moments they shot back open, pupils dilating as he came up with a plan. "Listen closely, I have a restoration plan I am splitting into three sections, will leave the other two for another day. Part one, we try to regain the basics of our pack back. You and I will need to work extra hard. We have an organized hierarchy but not enough to support it. We all need to pitch in and have ranks collab with other ranks. Meaning all of us should pitch in to teach sinners and solidify bonds. We all should help with hunting and borders too. We need someone to scout around when possible as well to find as many packs as possible for the future. Normally I would suggest myself but I worry of revolt and rather observe how our new ruling goes." He said with a strained smile. He needed to keep an eye on everyone and everything, make sure there was nothing for him to exterminate or take advantage of.

His stance seemed more sinister with his next words. Not meaning to run-on with all these words, his brain was just moving as fast as his mouth. "I need to reiterate that you must not show weakness. During the next day's ceremony you must asked all to pledge themselves to you. If any refuse or halfheartedly comply you must display a force to show you are not to be trifled with. Kill all who oppose for they trample on the will of death. This includes with orders outside of the ceremony. We need restrictions too. None should leave the territory without permission and if caught shall be punished. Leaving the desert without permission should be punished by an unjust death. Trust me, I know a few ways that will put the fear of the Divine Mother into them. No one should leave the desert anyways except for that scout." He explained with a tilt of his head, finally giving her a break. "Are you following me so far? Any questions or ideas? I still have a bit more to cover." He said, giving her some time to finally digest everything.
the staff team luvs u

12-03-2021, 12:22 AM
 She listened to him spout his words and wanted to call him on his bullshit... but he had a point, a partial point. They were weak, their foundations in tatters through no one's fault, of course. Exalted had done what she could be she had only been the temporary leader until now. They needed to rebuild in strength and form... but that was where he agreement ended. Her head on a platter, eh? She thought about who was here. @Nyra, she was eating out of Exalted's paws and Exalted knew that now Death had her marked on a righteous path. @Moira? Pfft, she was tiny and cute and utterly a non-threat. Even if she suddenly grew the urge for leadership none would follow a weak fox... no matter how talented they were. Nosebleed? He was gone... likely dead at this point since he'd spoken that ominous caution way back when. Who else was left? None except Misha himself and his newcomer. Did that mean she should watch for them?

Still, she humored him with a, "I'm listening." Although her gaze was impassive, betraying nothing so far of her inner thoughts.

He rambled and spewed his words, manic as the day that they had danced in the desert. Exalted leaned back, ears pitched forward as she tried to catch the rapid fire words. Annoyed with the speed she subconsciously bared her fangs at him. Again, she agreed with some parts but others... she felt him going too far.

"Slow down..." She hissed at him as she tried to gather together his thoughts and her own. Mulling everything over as she tried to express her own thoughts. "Your methods are too brutish. You would have our family break apart." For she knew that they were a family. Odium had never lead with such militant tactics and she had been rewarded for such things by being taken to Death's Lands. "That is not how I will lead us to greatness." She scoffed at him with a roll of her eyes before continuing to explain herself. "If there are those who will not pledge then they can leave... Traitors will be dealt with on their day of reckoning." Nyra was an example of why she would not kill them. That one had been lower than dirt in her eyes and yet Death had forgiven her and showed mercy, set her on a path of righteousness. Who was he to speak for Death?

"We will lead through respect and through the adoration of ourselves and Death. It is what our True Mother would want of us." You lead flies to your target with honey and not vinegar. "Though I agree that everyone should split tasks and pull their weight. I also agree to the scout... that is why I have already chosen Nyra for this holy task. The others... why should I restrict them to the desert? And tell me, why should I not trust those in our ranks? Everyone has devoted themselves to me... the only one who hasn't is yours. Tell me, should I not trust your judgement, hmm? Unless she's the one we should worry about your worries of revolt seem unfounded." Ball in his court. She was young and naive and stubborn but not stupid. She would not senselessly divvy out tyrannical rules just because he said so.

the staff team luvs u
12-03-2021, 01:27 AM
Misha looked equally annoyed as Exalted. Oh she was fucking lucky this was her world or he would have already made her jump to her death or get dissected alive. She challenged his thoughts, his authoritative picture being challenged. He allowed her to speak though, to see how she ticked. Her words were disgustingly pure and forward. But he held his tongue, until she spoke of him being the only one not to devote. How conceited!

Exalted unbeknownst to her had just stepped on a thorn. He had merely sat there, elegant with posture and well-groomed fur in silence. Now he was up on all fours towering above her with snarls. Never had she or even Andraste seen Misha in rage. A cobra that had revealed its hood and fangs. His newfound memories made such words sting in a way she would never understand. "You know NOTHING about betrayal. I have had those I shared the womb with try to kill me despite years of beloved harmony. Friends that join the winning side that leave me to die and use me as a stepping stone. Assassination attempts again and again. Devote myself to you?! I give nothing more than promises because that's all the world will allow me. I am not allowed such temptation and pleasures to trust those that are around me! Around US. Around...you." His voice was powerful, raw with emotion.

But just as quick as it came, it sizzled down. "Even I...have betrayed one that I had loved." His voice having been so terrifying and powerful had all but almost died out in a whisper as he remembered those hazel eyes. His body, it shook, shivered with erratic breathing. Finally he looked up at her, still looking like a hot mess. "Anyone can become an enemy. That is why I can only walk beside you and do what has been ingrained upon me...which is to bring you salvation. I refuse to be betrayed ever again. I am not like the others, but I have built an empire before and seen it crumble from hearts I overlook. If you fail then I fail."

"Sorry, give me a moment. I know I speak out of line." He took a deep breath, knowing he needed to calm down. Only this brat could get him so worked up. An oxymoron he was, waiting to backstab while wanting to save others. He was selective and whimsical with his desires and philosophy. He loved this wolf and wanted her ruin at the same time. To succeed and fail. A fucking walking contradiction, that was him.

Seeming a bit more relaxed, but with a shadow that hung heavy under his lids, he tried to regroup the conversation. "Why I apply strict traveling rules is because it takes one of us getting tracked by another pack to kill us. One loose mouth to reveal our secrets and to ridicule our deities. It just takes one. As well as for the other barbarian, I do not trust Nyra as far as I could throw her. She left once and came back. There will always be hesitance in her heart. The only thing she does have that binds her to us is passion. But such a flame can flicker from the wind... Alas, ignore me. I will just have to work harder to make sure you do not get plucked. But when your heart becomes heavy like mine from the abuse, I will always be ready to discuss it with you. I doubt you want to hear the rest of my suggestions then. Apologies." He said, with a dip of his head and closed eyes, clearly sulking now. Such a sensitive ego.
the staff team luvs u

12-03-2021, 01:58 AM
 Oh, it appeared that she had struck a nerve. Did he not like being questioned? Didn't like when she showed a contrary thought? Well, he should get used to it because on principle she would challenge him. She might even do it even if she didn't disagree, only to see him enraged. Regardless, he stood and seemed to have a flame lit in his eyes. Such barbaric anger, was this new? It was an improvement over his usual sneakiness. She liked to have things out in the open where she could stomp them into the dirt. It was he specialty.

Still, she wouldn't stop him out. She simply gave an arrogant smile, clearly amused by his outburst. She wouldn't cut him down for though he was older he was spindly and weak... but she could admire the sentiment all the same. Stand up for your convictions or whatever. Challenge her, get your thoughts out... all in moderation. What a change in pace this was. Usually he was the cool one while she towered and spat in anger. The change was not lost on her, it was part of the reason she grinned at him. "Oh, Soft-Brain, I was not speaking of you. You already devoted yourself to me, no?" Had their whispered words meant nothing? Did he think so little of her? "I was speaking of Avarice." Who had not properly devoted herself, nor had her trials. She was the only one new to the family who she didn't trust fully.

But she still was not worried about the woman, she just liked to tease Misha.

"From your very words, you could betray me." She said, taking what he said into consideration but she seemed to dismiss it as quickly as she humored it. No one would betray her, she was different. Misha was intolerable. She was not. She would show him. "But here I am, trusting in you. Not shoving you into the dirt for your outburst. You are forgiven, don't not to let it happen again." See? She knew mercy.

Or she could show it once for her being so thoroughly amused.

She went silent as she listened to him. Taking in his words as she weighed this new crown upon her head. He, again, had reason. He was so infuriating sometimes and yet also so amusing and so intelligent. Again, she realized she needed him to speak another side of a coin that she wouldn't have considered before.

After a long moment where she thought, she nodded her head. "Valid reasons, sensible reasons. We will keep those in Sanatorium close and warn them of straying. If they leave, they will invoke the wrath of Death and myself. We will explain this and they will listen." They could understand that Sanatorium was not yet ready to face the other packs. That they needed to stay here and together to be safe. "There was a time I did not trust you as well but look at us now... @Nyra is fine. Death has forgiven her and she has pledged to our cause. I will ignore you on the matter of my scout as you do not speak for Death." Dismissive and done with the matter. She trusted the warrioress... hopefully said trust wasn't misplaced but to question it was to question Death Itself. "You'd 'doubt' wrong. Proceed." She said, curious to see what other wild ideas he had... for she was interested in his perspectives. He was far more experienced in these matters than she was.

the staff team luvs u
12-03-2021, 02:35 AM
Misha felt his throat run dry when he realized she spoke of Avarice. He had been emotional just now and spoke his heart and wore his emotions and worried thoughts. He was such an idiot. Inwardly he was kicking himself but a part of him reassure his fragile ego. Told him this was a test from her. That she was lying. Avarice she did not fear. It was him, she doubted him and wanted an excuse to rid him just like Andraste.

And yet she did not comment on his past, not even of his betrayal. Whether it was because she had no idea of her own past to refer to or she was turning a blind eye through mercy. Her words on the other paw stung like crazy, she was practically shoving his face in the dirt with them. "Thank you..." He said with an elegant bow as she spared him. He was picking himself up again after being lost to his spoiled emotions. She was tricky, he would not let himself be a fool again so easily. It took some effort, but he swallowed up the hot anger he felt. Let bygones be bygones...for now.

As he was told to proceed, he flashed her an award-winning smile. "Before I was interrupted, I was going to suggest ways to build bonds and devotion. See? I am not all  just about rigid rules. While rules on breeding might be a thought of for the future, I suggest we give all our blessing so far who wish it, of course keeping pale pups above the others as is their destiny. Just not to look a gifted horse in the mouth is all. Forcing breeding and betrothals will get us nowhere with population as of now. I remember an area I conquered that had such a rule act as their downfall. Happiness and freedom is what makes children. We can be more picky when we have the time and resources to be.

And speaking of that happiness I would like to suggest once a month we hold a family supper. There we can share the flesh of sinners, tell tales and stories of our beliefs, lick one anothers wounds, and strengthen bonds both spiritually and physically. A balance of authority and mercy. Few can accomplish such a feat but when one does they rule far beyond their own life. Thoughts?"

With that all said he took a deep breath, seeming to feel a burden lifted from his words. It was just a decoy from him still trying to get rid of his earlier tension. He had many emotions he needed to work out it seems. Misha then proceeded to wait for her to say no to his brilliant ideas again. The energetic male deciding to poke at her paws with his own in a game of footsie to be a bit of a teasing dink as she tried to gather her thoughts. Either you laugh or you cry.
the staff team luvs u

12-03-2021, 03:50 AM
 He grabbed the forgiveness she threw him like a dog starved. Power. She felt like it was such an addictive drug. Weeks ago, he would never have cared about such a thing, but now? She loved this turn of events.

Everyone would grovel at her paws. All she had to do was show them shreds of mercy, of love, top it off with a touch of fear brought on by Death and punishment by her fangs and they were hers to command. This was sweeter than the finest of wines...

Before he was interrupted, she rolled her eyes but said nothing. It was all for show, she was not really angry at him --for now-- but she couldn't help but put on airs for him just to dig in a bit, if she could. In any case, he spouted more good ideas and she found herself nodding along with what he said. Agreeing before even putting words to her thoughts. She would wait though for him to finish. She could be polite when she wanted to be. A civilized barbarian.

Bonding and camaraderie. Yes... brilliant.

"You do have quite the head on your shoulders... when you aren't being an insufferable prick." She smiled at him, clearly very pleased with the ideas. Ah, but he was the only one who ever got such direct insults from the albino lady. Call it some form of endearment, even as she insulted him. "Very well, we shall have our family suppers and we shall open breeding to all. Sanatorium will only grow and prosper in this way when we have youth to bring up into our fold," Impressionable youth that would worship her and Death. She felt giddy just thinking about it. "I'd like to add another idea. Fighting tournaments. It will allow for entertainment and bond building as well as practicing of skills. We will just make sure our followers know not to cause serious harm to each other." Perhaps they could throw in betting to see who would yield first. Did you have more ideas, Misha?"** She was sure she'd get an earful no matter what with his chatty mouth.

the staff team luvs u
12-04-2021, 12:26 AM
As Exalted insulted and complimented him at the same time, Misha just ensured to flash a sweeter smile. A compliment was still a compliment. He noticed quite the motivated look in her eye. Seems the gears were really spinning in there. He listened to her and he could not help but twitch his right eye and groan as she suggested a fighting tournament. "The only ones who would want to join such barbaric sports would be you and your pet!" He snapped, referring to Nyra. This wolf was going to be the death of him. "Still...it is a show and good practice. I suggest maybe we can practice against sinners in their before devouring their flesh down the line. Could even be the flesh to consume for the family dinner. Either way I mean we can expand it later down the line... So fine, I am in support of it." He said, wanting to disagree for the sake of disagreeing, however, he could not turn away her ideas when they held merit.

As she ask if he said more, this was when he slide to place himself at her flank with his own. A moody being that played hot and cold with emotions right now. Fickle and eccentric in all the right and wrong ways. Whip lash that could sting a grave.
"Hmmm, nothing that would matter at this point. I would just like to speak of myself." He said with a cheeky wink. "I will be your third eye. To snoop and manage around and to support you in every way. Naturally we'll be spending a lot of time together but alas I must skulk around to uncover hidden trepidation and weakness. If I see something that needs to be addressed I wish to know of what you want from me. How to use me you could say~" That last sentence was said with enough innuendos to break even the Buddha's focus. "Should I try to handle situations right away or go to you first for your words. Or is there a preference to the situation? Lend me your thoughts, Lapushka." He said with keen eyes. This last topic seemed important for a variety of unspoken reasons.
the staff team luvs u

12-05-2021, 04:48 PM
 Fighting was very important to the white wolf and it would be to their group as well. What a weakling! He was always so skittish with fighting. Still though, she liked the Sinner fighting idea. "An excellent proposal." Perhaps they'd find Sinners exceptionally good at fighting that they could have use for. "Maybe we could have Sinners fight each other as well. The winner keeps their life for another day, the loser is our meal." She practically purred, excited by the idea of carnage.

Then, in a complete one-eighty, the man sidled up to her side and right on cue one side of Exalted's maw curled upwards to expose a bit more of her fang in annoyance. It was clear her earlier mood had passed when she rolled her eyes at his heavily innuendoed comment. "If you see or hear anything of concern, you will report to me and we will discuss what to do together." A moment of silence and then she whispered, "Perhaps you should have your own scout to whisper discontent back to you. You cannot be everywhere at once." A discreet wolf that he trusted to share with him whispering and things that might be of trouble. They were small now and she trusted everyone... but what about when they grew. They could not watch everyone everywhere without help.

the staff team luvs u
12-07-2021, 02:26 AM
Misha found himself ignoring the warning that Exalted was giving him from his frivolous teasing and remarks. If anything it just encouraged him. He found himself nodding at her first words, agreeing with the notion to the extent that he would. He enjoyed it when things had a flow, it made smooth productivity. Something he greatly admired from the tales of the humans that had ruled his homeland before him.

His eyes seemed to narrow as she drew the line in the sand when it came to how he can deal around authority. It was a surprisingly careful approach for one as reckless as her. Or maybe that's how much she distrusted him. He wouldn't blame her after that fit he just had. Either way he would remember this for it was a new tool to be used upon this land for his benefit.

Misha was snapped back to reality as Exalted suddenly whispered to him. "Hmm~? How interesting..." he mumbled more to himself than her. Was she playing a game that even he could not predict? She was inviting him to establish a situation that would give him more power. He flashed her a smug smile. "Look at you using that brain of yours!" He practically purred before continuing. If she snapped back he would merely wait for her to be done with her sharp words or potential fangs before continuing. "You are right indeed. I should find someone. However, unlike you, I am much more careful with my choices. I look for quality, so I do not have someone in mind but I'll tell you when I do." He promised before letting out a yawn. He was not as nocturnal as the rest of them and sleep just sounded too tempting at the moment.

"Well I believe this is enough to discuss for one day. If you do not have any objects then I believe it is time for me to make my departure." He said, but then his face seemed to flash with sudden inspiration as he looked over at her with a sly grin, looking smug as can be. "Unless you wish to make sweet love until the sun comes up that is - then I'll happily stay with you at any time." The words were sickly sweet and shameless. Though it seemed these suggestive words were more of a tease than anything, for without waiting for a proper response, he flicked his tail in an elegant manner before he started to head back to his chamber.

Exit Misha unless stopped
the staff team luvs u

12-07-2021, 02:45 AM
 Using her brain? Pfft, did he think she was a moron? A barbarian that didn't think? Most likely, ignorant asshole! She narrowed her eyes at him, wondering if the power she'd given him might make his big head so large that he'd float to the moon. "And unlike you, I'm not so conceited that I'm blind to good quality right in front of my nose." She sniped back, as it annoyed.

Really though, she was glad that he was taking it into consideration and knew he'd pick a quality choice.

In any case, it did not matter. He was tired and she was tired of him. "Listen for my call in the dead of night. That is when we'll start the ceremony." She said to him, expecting him to be going rather than tossing some smug look her direction. What now?

She nearly choked on her own spit at his next words. She glared at him and snarled, "Not even in your dreams, Soft-Brain!" Her hackles rose as she stood and watched him leave... although she was coarse with her words, the box had already been opened and her brain certainly was thinking of his words rather intensely...

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top