Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
The river stood still

Morning Sunny/Clear 60° F
01-02-2022, 02:19 AM
 Just as the tiger was touched by his words, the bear was touched that he made such a big impact. He was just giving the advice that he thought was sound and most grounded based on what he knew. If he had known the boy better, he might have given him a pat on the back but as it was, he simply gave a nod of his great head. "Of course, anytime you want a word of advice I'm always around... somewhere." He gestured vaguely at the tundra with a large paw. 

With that, he felt like he probably should be going. Sitting on his bottom for so long had one of his legs falling asleep. Or was that just him feeling a bit sleepy now? "It was an absolute pleasure getting to talk to you, lad." He rolled onto his paws and began stamping one of his hind paws to get it back awake. "But I think I'm going have to go catch myself lunch. All this talking has worked up an old man's appetite." He rumbled in amusement and then turned to go... but looked back with a smile, "Would you like to come with me? We could find an extra-large seal and share it. I could even share a few more stories on the way." "We" it would likely end up that he would find a seal hole and catch it for the both of them but he wouldn't turn his nose up at a lunch companion and then afterwards, a post-lunch nap sounded divine .

the staff team luvs u
[Image: deve50g-63ea11b5-eb48-4527-800d-5e485a56...OPfa-MLat4]
01-02-2022, 07:53 AM
He was genuinely glad he had met this behemoth, at first he was apprehensive of the impressive bear but now he actually hoped he might get to see him again.  "It was good to meet you, I mean it", Kuhn said with warm yet toothy grin.  Standing to dust himself off he though over Thrax's offer for a seal hunt, which sounded great, save for the fact that they would have to travel far east away from the everfrost and his mate and it likely wouldn't be a quick lunch as the old timer suggested, not that the cat wouldn't go on a journey for a good hunt. 

Standing to shake the powdered snow from himself,  "Its really tempting to want to go with you, though... now i'm thinking i'm going to go tell Valmua that she makes me happy.  We will have to do it sometime soon though, I just have to make sure the territory is in good hands before I take a trip like that."

"Where is a good place to find you? Now that you know where I live. "

the staff team luvs u
01-07-2022, 04:27 AM
 For a moment, he thought that the tiger would take him up on the offer but in the end, it would be declined. "Another time then. I'll be looking forward to it, lad." The old-timer said, it was a bit of a promise as well for he would love to have a little fellow's big-game hunting trip and he knew that the cat would too. He all but said it. Now though, he had to go admit his feelings to his wolven friend. The old-timer felt a smile touch his face and a sentimental warmth enter his heart. Now, how sweet was that? 

Although the last question, it was a bit of a rough one to answer. He was a roamer by nature, even moreso now... but he did have his favorite spots when he wasn't going around talking the packs' ears off. "I've a bit of wanderlust and belong to everywhere and nowhere..." He paused for a bit then and decided to answer, "But, I'm partial to the coldest most northern reaches of the tundra. North of the Frozen Ground and west of Permafrost Lake." That was his old haunting ground and where he still liked to roam when he needed a break from the warmer temperatures further south. Hopefully that was enough of a description, for it was as good as he could give. 

"Farewell then, Kuhn, may the old gods and the new keep the ice thick beneath your paws. Until we meet again." He would give one last parting smile and a dip of his head before turning and lumbering --quite slowly-- away.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: deve50g-63ea11b5-eb48-4527-800d-5e485a56...OPfa-MLat4]
scroll to top