Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
the absinthe trial -

P
Paladin
11-05-2021, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2021, 08:25 PM by Vendrussel. Edited 1 time in total.)
battle taken after @Kei
up to you how want to play!
I personally enjoy a 1 side, 10 sided die roll
with highest winning

Her tongue rolled to the side for a moment as she took a bit to calm her nerves and steam from the battle of the black dragoness. It wasn't the end though, as @"Wither" too mentioned the desire to be a protector — a preferred path at the current moment as war loomed over head. She wanted all, if not most to lure themselves to the way of a warrior, a paladin.. A guard for the ford itself as they prepare body and soul for upcoming battles. Not too many ventured though to enemy territory, as they continued to seek out on the Sepulcher's land. Only herself and Kei has had the misfortune of meeting them all too much — and all their family.

She stood across the man, lips curling in a muse, "Though I may just fought," she said a low chuckle rumbled through, "doesn't mean I am an easy target." As Vendrussel had trained in the land before as a paladin, and even now she holds reigns and muscles as one.. The woman ventured her body low, a centerfold as tail covered the most important bits and ears tugging back. A paw, teasingly telling him to come forth and fight — she was ready.

the staff team luvs u
01-22-2022, 04:53 PM

The shadowed man had paced during the former match. Vendrussel was indeed a force to be reckoned with, but that would not be cause for his surrender. Absinthe was prepared to give his all and show not only his alpha, but also the Ford, what he was capable of.

The woman taunted him. It angered him; drove him mad with the thought of sinking his teeth deep into a pound of flesh. It took a hard, long moment to remember that they were allies, simply sparing. If forgotten, he surely would intend to cause more damage. 

A heavy paw dug into the ground, mocking a bull preparing to charge. Lurching back a small step, he used the force to push back on and lunge forward. Neck outstretched and jaw wide, he aimed for the outer neck, feet hoping to gain a grasp upon her back and use his weight to force his opponent to the ground. Not always did size and bulk come to be an advantage, but here he was testing to see how much strength she had to truly use against him. If little, or if much, he would then know where to put his mass to work.

the staff team luvs u
'' The rain is my escape. When it falls, so does the wall concealing my identity from the world. It the only time I can truly be me and dance in the rain, nothing but free. ''
Paladin
02-08-2022, 08:11 PM
Her battle with Kei was only moments ago, and her breath was rather unsteady. She would take calming moments, a deep breath to get the air she so desired and the soreness of her paws from the dodging. No visible wounds were there, for after all, was but just a spar. But in the end it still took a toll on her stamina, and brought a wonder if she could face a fully grown male with so. Experience, was something under her belt and especially as she arrived to the land, proudly proclaiming as a dragoness, a warrior to the seas and overall ; the Alpha.

He moved like a bull, a sign that brought a quick deflecting in thought as she would swiftly move to the side. Vendrussel knew though she couldn't always dodge like so, and the times that she could were so limited with her stamina. But the obvious was there and couldn't let such a man charge at her recklessly, where his teeth clashed to grab — she could feel stinging near her shoulder, misaimed for Absinthe originally wanted.. And a tugging, trying to force her down.

But she would not let him, and too snarled and rushed her fangs into what she hoped, was his throat. No piercing to be done, but a firm grab.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top