Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Windmere, our new home.

Morning Sunny/Clear
Formation
Windmere
10-12-2021, 07:47 PM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2021, 08:16 AM by Elowyn. Edited 1 time in total.)
@Tetsujin @Genevieve @Aerith @Coop and @Alasdair not sure if you are officially joining

Elowyn had already known when they entered the territory that this was the one. She hadn't expected it to feel so strongly but the moment she stepped into this valley she knew that this would be her home. Tetsujin had worked hard to mark the borders and set out their claim. But now came the time to call every one together. This would be where Windmere would settle, where they would reign as King and Queen. The latter still scared her a bit.

She looked at Anteon quickly. She felt most comfortable with Aerith, really. She felt most confident around her. With Genevieve, she often felt more insecure. Then there was Coop who had been new but she hadn't talked to that much yet. The female was so used to not being allowed to talk to other males. Still, she really wanted to make an effort to get to know them. She was their Queen as weird as that sounded. She wouldn't dare to speak out loud though. So she waited for Anteon to say the words to the other wolves they would settle here.
the staff team luvs u
[Image: eMOrwWq.png]
Join Windmere!
Formation
10-12-2021, 08:06 PM
Ooc: I will format when I'm on my laptop later so I apologize for any errors!

^^The more time they spent there the better he felt. It wasn't a place many might wash up like the Bluffs Mal had claimed or even the river wrapped mountain of Empyrean. This was somewhere special. Meeting Elowyn's gaze he nodded before reaching over to touch his nose to under her chin, guiding it up a bit.

His gaze swept across the wolves gathered with them before he spoke. “These lands will stand as Windmere, the start of our Kingdom. In this world we will be as proud as the Sentinels who have stood for years - with you as our Court.” He was surprised by how proud he was of them so far. It was hard to deal with the uncertainty of this world and what happened go them, and yet, they had managed. He lifted his head and howled - eager to hear them all join in.^^

the staff team luvs u
10-12-2021, 08:17 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2021, 08:18 PM by Genevieve. Edited 1 time in total.)
^^

Had she thought for even a second that there was a way she could make @Elowyn so uncomfortable, then Genevieve would have seen how she wasn't truly making the bonds she thought she was. It was only @Tetsujin that she had a true bond with, the lady @Aerith likely not too keen on the red and white maiden given her friendship with the soon-to-be-Queen. Though she knew nothing of it, knew not if it were true for it was not even on the Rose's mind.

She had found her best-friend and on the way, lost her husband wherever he may be but she had thought that with the new land would come new opportunities. Not failure, one so unseen. Genevieve was not one to feel out of her element; she turned everything into her element yet she supposed she would feel better having more wolves that she knew. She stepped forward easily, her slender legs carrying her towards the formation where @Tetsujin and @Elowyn stood at the helm. Softly she smiled, her dandelion gaze gleaming with pride as she stared upon the shadowed King.

He, alongside his wife, were stepping up to where they so desired to be. In a place so pretty, too! It was with an observant eye that she saw the way Elowyn did not look as confident as Tetsujin, the way he tipped her chin so delicately to stand a little bit taller. The Rose hummed softly, it took others more time to settle into their new position, especially with differing personalities so Genevieve held no doubt that Elowyn would stand tall alongside Tetsujin soon enough.

"Hear hear," she called delicately, her ears perked as she cast a vibrant smile to the pair, "I pledge myself to you, my King, my Queen." Genevieve stated with a voice of firm warmth, telling them that at their Court she would stand and for the rest to hear, too. Show ones loyalty. It was all a game, in a way, but it was one she was more than happy to play.
^^

the staff team luvs u
Sylas is welcome in Genevieve's threads at any time unless specified otherwise.
10-13-2021, 02:31 PM
^^To Coop, this first chapter of his life was almost unbearingly exciting. The group of wolves that stood with him at this moment were strangers that would become his family. And right now, nothing mattered more than getting to know them and knowing the lay of the land.

His eyes traveled to his King and Queen, and then towards the ginger woman that spoke next. He took them in, and then he took in this lovely valley that would be their home. Coop smiled and nodded, standing as tall as he could. Were they supposed to pledge themselves to the King and Queen, or was the ginger woman just being polite? Ah, he supposed it didn't matter.

“I, too, pledge myself to you, my King and Queen. And to those of Windmere, I look forward to getting to know each of you.” And then he would respectfully bow to them.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Formation
10-15-2021, 07:32 PM
Aerith followed, she genuinely didn't know.. What else to life that there was besides what was known, and she comfortable with it, and wanted it. To provide a homeful life to another and a loyal husband that would care for her ; her heart stung thinking about being but a leftover product, as she was chosen for another. Though here not many knew this factor besides that of the Queen, and suspected the King if she had told him of her past.

With so, a renewal of a hope had begun, and she too, "I pledge to thee," said the tundrian wolf.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
10-18-2021, 02:33 PM
Elowyn was glad that her mate spoke for them. He was far better at that than she was. She had to admit that she felt a little proud that they had found wolves that wanted to join their pack, their way of life. Only if it were only three she was certain it would be more in the future. And if not, they would make do. They did have a nice territory with lots of possibilities for the future. Elowyn shyly glanced to the side when all called her Queen. It was still so strange. She knew she should wear it with pride but to be called Queen was quite something. She was starting to feel that it weighed down her pride. A little anxious if she was right for the job, good enough.

She dipped her head to the other members. "Thank you. I will do my best and pledge myself to you all as your ... Queen," she promised. Her heart was hammering in her chest. She just hoped it sounded believable because she really wanted to do her best. It was just that she might not believe in herself as much. She hoped that they would also could come to her as their healer. She looked at Anteon. "We should celebrate," she whispered to him softly, though she didn't know how, perhaps they could have a hunt together?
the staff team luvs u
[Image: eMOrwWq.png]
Join Windmere!
scroll to top