Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
How much longer

Late Evening Partly Cloudy
P
Nightwalkers
07-25-2021, 04:55 PM
For @Aries !

The summer winds blew cool that night as the Warlord's son sat atop a rock on Silent Hill. He couldn't sleep - he almost never could when it came to these woods. Something about the smells and sounds set him on edge and he became restless within the mist. It wasn't for nothing that he was off on some kind of mission most of the time.

At least he could be alone with his thoughts within Silent Hill, where noises ceased and critters hid within the nooks and crannies of the rocks. It was the most silent place he knew, so he came here whenever he needed to think on things or just wanted some peace. Spending an afternoon here was very soothing after spending time with Grumble for example - that woman could talk and talk for hours on end. Almight was sure that, if not stopped, the woman would talk from dusk till dawn without so much as taking a breath.

A huffed sigh escaped him as he got his large body up and off the rock, heading back to his den for another attempt at sleep.

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
07-25-2021, 05:29 PM
Seems it would be two souls who could not sleep that night, though admittedly Aries roamed more by choice than troubled whispers. As always his body acted like a lit flame, flickering in the dark and glowing amongst the mist. Had he been one to sneak around he would likely curse his fur, but as things would have it he was rather confident in himself preferring to take head-on approaches.

The fireclad man had been aimlessly wandering for some time now with no rhyme or reason other than just the need to do something. Maybe some fun would present itself along the borders, though he doubted anyone would come here at night. Those who did come to the borders were usually scared shitless during the day. With good reason.

Much to his surprise though, a shadow did move amongst the trees and rock. Aries paused, squinting as he tried to make out the approaching figure, though as he neared it became clear that he too reeked of the Nightwalkers. For a guy that looked so young though he had a lot of leg. The fireborn snorted, a laugh bit back as almight came his way. What bit your ass, Kid?

the staff team luvs u
07-25-2021, 09:56 PM
The man's mind wandered off to the evening he'd spent with the pale flower of a lady - their time together had been so peaceful. Though his own would never understand his fixation on something so fragile and meek, the woman had a grasp on him not even he could explain. They were so very different, but not truly; not on the inside. He wondered if she'd found her brood yet, though he doubted it. This realm seemed to trail on forever past what he already know.

His waking dreams were interrupted by the sight of a dimmed fire; one that emitted no light, but burned all the same. His words made the bridge of his nose scrunch up with displeasure. A tired Rache was a grumpy Rache, so it seemed. “I'm in no mood for your mockery.” He answered plainly as he kept on walking. He disliked the other Nightwalkers looking down on him, with his tired expressions and youthfulness. Didn't they know that the young would rule the future? If he was small and weak and not standing before them proudly, he'd understand their disapproval and teasing - but he was Almight fucking Rache for God's sake.

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
07-25-2021, 10:09 PM
Well whatever had crawled up his ass only burrowed further, not that it was really a surprise. The wolves that lived here either had no patience or were overly annoying. Lucky for him this guy already seemed at his limits. Aries tutted simply trailing after like an invitation despite the obvious answer the other wanted to be left alone. Now now, is that any way to speak to your superior? You're a rat ain'tcha? Gotta earn your place in the family! Little did he know he was the boss's kid, but really did that matter here?

Vengeance was no fatherly figure nor did he seem like the kind to care about his brood should he have any. He just wanted numbers. An army. Here, I'll let it slide this time since I'm so generous. Try again. What bit ya ass? Girl problems? Daddy issues? Horny? — nah desclaimer I ain't helpin' with that one.

the staff team luvs u
07-25-2021, 11:02 PM
Yeah no, he found this guy perhaps even more annoying than Grumble. He seemed cocky, and for no good reason really. Being worthy of a higher rank under Vengeance just meant you were more insane than average - more inclined to do his bidding. True it was that Almight was ready to do whatever the Warlord asked of him, but that was to save his life, not to appease him. Perhaps he was lying to himself though; He'd certainly feel more at ease bearing a rank like Enforcer or Consigliere, if only so shitheads like this guy would stop pestering him.

“I'm Almight fucking Rache, and my problems do not concern you - no matter where you stand in this fucking "family".” He said as he finally halted so he could get a proper look at the guy. He wasn't one to pick fights, and he still wasn't really, but he wanted it to be very clear that he wasn't gonna let this asshole walk all over him. His father? Sure, the dude was terrifying. Grumble? yeah, but only because she felt more like a child than a woman. This drenched firestick? Fuck no.

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
07-25-2021, 11:17 PM
Ah and he had hit the nerve. That didn't take long at all, maybe he wouldn't even need to put in the work. Almight fucking Rache. He said it like it meant something, but even if he was aware of Vengeance's surname his answer would have been the same. It didn't matter. He was a rat and that spoke enough of what Vengeance thought of him. Aries snorted, a laugh bellowing out after, That s'pose to mean somethin', kid? Listen I'm just helpin' out. That's what family does. You wanna stay here or nah? Rats don't last forever. Sooner or later you're lunch...so long as you don't prove your worth.

As the other spun around to look at him, he'd just stop in his tracks. He didn't need to leave so soon, things were just starting to get interesting. So as Almight looked him over with teenage angst and false importance he just pulled a paw up to check his claws. Looked like one had splintered some recently, whoops. Now if you wanna stick around, then your problems are mine. I might even be generous enough that you won't owe me when we're done here.

the staff team luvs u
07-25-2021, 11:40 PM
“Assholes like you don't last much longer once I stick my dick in them.” He answered. Was this guy on some power-trip only cause he'd been here a little longer? Hell, Almight didn't even WANT to be here, so who cared what rank this shithead had. If he was any closer to his dad, he would've advised him to get rid of this guy; they didn't need power-hungry assholes running about, rubbing their status in everyone's face like it was something to worship. He'd never even heard of the guy, so how special and almighty could he really be within the Nightwalker's ranks?

“I'm here because my dear old dad can't do without me - looks like you'll be stuck with this rat 'till the sun dies out.” He said with a cocky raise of his brow and a puff of his chest. If he had a collar to pull up he would've as he turned again, resuming his way back to his den as he said over his shoulder; “Looks like we are done here.”

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
07-26-2021, 01:45 AM
Ahh that's why he thought he was special. The fireborn cackled, oh what a brat, but it made sense coming from Vengeance. Oh you're somethin' kid, but it's not a good liar. Vengeance doesn't need you if he did he would have made a spectacle, but he didn't. You're a rat. Get used to it. Your last name is garbage here. The nightwalkers were a family, but not one born from blood. They were grown from the muck and shit that soiled the earth. The boy might be walking away, but that didn't mean this would be the last that he had to deal with him.

No, he wanted the kid to stay, after all, why else would he offer his assistance. He was a nightwalker, the same as himself, but all good things came with time. Nah, you're a load of talk and a pile of bleedin' shit. He didn't want to admit that it would be the other way around. That he would be stuck with the fireborn and probably do anything for the approval of dear old daddy. Too bad he'd die trying. Guess that makes me glue if you're stuck to me. We'll talk later kid, try not to suck daddy's dick too hard.

the staff team luvs u
07-27-2021, 10:52 PM
He looked at the man with a tired expression, his madness doused like a fire with a long sigh. Almight wasn't one for blind rage; at least, not in situations like this. There clearly was no point arguing with the man, his ego outshone even Almight's somehow, and he was too tired to even try. He was someone who'd argue that snow was purple, and no matter how many people told him that it was white he'd still found some way to ignore it and call you a stupid bitch in the same breath. “Perhaps he simply didn't invite you.” He answered pretty calmly, not stopping to talk anymore.

“You're a waste of my time.” Was his reply to the insults and mockery. He'll learn one way or another that it wasn't very smart to make everyone your enemy, especially not a Rache. He'd continue his way back to his den if Aries was done with insulting him, putting the fiery male on his personal shitlist.

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
07-29-2021, 10:39 PM
Sooner or later ya gonna learn to make your own invitations. Though surprisingly, he'd stay put letting the boy trod off. He was pissed, that was enough for him tonight. Aries simply chuckled to himself watching him sulk, Can't hold on to birth rights forever, kid. He almost wondered if he even truly knew his father since his kid had an ego to throw around that he had yet to see from the warlord. Maybe it was just a brooding teenager thing, or maybe Vengeance had simply held out on him. One way or another he would get that answer, but it could wait for another day. While the large stormcloud brewed on his way out, Aries would simply hang around before going back to his wandering.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top