Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Or will true love prevail?

Evening Sunny/Clear
Content Warning
08-04-2021, 12:56 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2021, 01:06 AM by Riannon. Edited 2 times in total.)
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Sexuality
[narrow width=800]she might've told him he needed to make a mess for her. of her. or that he should go slowly, for it has been so long, and she is so feeling — but as he drew her close, pressed close and into, whatever resolve she'd mustered up until thus far had gone from her, the only answer she could ever make was a hiccuping, needy sound as she poked her hips up for him and went soft and clutching while he did away with her as they both wished.

she was still shivering some while later, after it all as they two waiting for moonrise. half-draped and tousled along the breadth of his chest; melted as wax upon the walker with the pleasant pull of tired muscles.

all full and lain pliable in a way she had not been in ... an ever.

"you ... did so w-well,"  she manages to praise bonelessly against his throat, and his face might have something she looked for like an antidote  —  but, with thin silver hips that still seemed to have a mind of their own; skimming against the exhaustion of him at intermittent, unpredictable turns that had her twitching away with a curling mewl of protest and left her stained lumine thighs shaking.

"m-mn—"

aėrith surges into his grayspun mantle, tucking her face away from his view as she canted her sensitive pink away from any part of him that would prove to be too ... nudging.

which might as well have been all of him.

so she begins to pull away from him, squirming and shivering and looking at him with an accusing, adoring, look-at-what-you've-made-of-me sort of way; trying to get away and likewise remain, breath gentled, hitching gasps.
[/narrow]

the staff team luvs u

ᴄ ᴏ ᴍ ᴍ ᴏ ɴ  ·  ᴠ ᴀ ʟ ᴇ ʀ ɪ ᴀ ɴ  ·  ᴛ ᴜ ɴ ᴅ ʀ ɪ ᴀ ɴ 
( riannon speaks common with a thick romanian accent )
Content Warning
08-04-2021, 01:21 AM
Content Warning
  • Sexuality
✷ ✷ ✷
He'd never felt so tired as right then after their time of passionate fornication. Whatever demon she'd awakened in him, he had had his fun and was now retreating back into the fiery depths out of which he'd came. All that was left was the insomniac of a boy having just become a man, panting with a rumble in his chest like a lioness having claimed their antelope for dinner.

As they lay, he stroked her fur with his muzzle, placing the ghosts of kisses along any part of her as he was praised for his performance. He didn't believe her, but it put a smile on his face nonetheless. “I would like to say that you're the best I've ever had... But I'm guessing it's not much of a compliment given my experience.” He teased with a gentle nip in her neck.

And just like that, he was tired. Sleepy, even. Whether it had been the excitement, the arousal, the physical act itself, the soothing herbs she'd given him or a mix of all the aforementioned possible causes at once, it mattered little. All he cared for at that moment was the still nameless woman at his side, the haunting lullaby of the coming moon and the fresh air that filled his lungs.

Which was why, when the flower he'd pollinated moved away from him, he tensed up in shock. Had he done something to offend her? Then again, she did not look mad. Was it the kids they might spawn that haunted her thoughts, afraid she'd lose those as she'd lost the others? No, he'd make sure whatever came out of this he'd protect like a dingo watches a human baby. He scooped her closer to him with his front limbs, pressing her closer to his chest again where she'd left a cold spot the moment she'd moved. “Where were you going?” He asked genuinely, afraid now to lose her to the stillness of night.

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
Content Warning
08-04-2021, 02:25 AM
Content Warning
  • literally just the word sex but content is still a lil suggestive so just in case lmao
[narrow width=800]"n-... nowhere,"  fibbing even while her unknown nightlove reached for her, the afterglow of his previous kisses melding into the skin of her cheeks below pale fur. and as he reached for her, she instead proffered clumsily, shyly:  "it is, ah... it is good to pee, after sex.not that she needed to  ( yet ), but her snowshoe paws fit themselves into swell of his chest that he's already lain her back upon.  ...of course, though, it isn't what she really meant to say  –  no matter how informative.

her rather futile alternative was to sculpt herself against the column of his neck to hide the deep blushing that crept ivybright within her skin; crowding into her cheeks, pulling some hazy film over her fluttering lashes.

still careful of her hips strewn and leaden upon the cradle of his.

then, muffled within the thick fur of his mantle, she confessed a bit docilely  ( despite her unmooring in their wanting ) :
  "you make me feel... oh, it's so silly, but...now the one who wasn't able to meet his eye at all,  "you've made me feel so... ah...well..."

finally, with a little sniffle, she chanced to ever so carefully peek up at him from where she was nestled; glowing silver and heavy-lashed with unprecedented bashfulness:  "...lovely, i... i, i suppose..."

it took everything in her, at the present, to hold his gaze; her trembling couldn't be helped, though.[/narrow]

the staff team luvs u

08-04-2021, 06:39 PM
Again, he didn't believe her - and yet, again, he didn't question it. There was no use in ruining the happiness they'd created, and he'd rather end their dance on a peaceful note. He wasn't even sure if he'd ever see her again after this, though the thought felt strange within his head. She'd been his first, perhaps even last as he'd doubt his father would ever let him take one of the women he claimed. And to think he didn't even know her name... Wait, he didn't?! Oh god, was it too awkward to ask now?

“Ah - well, I don't really have to... go, uhm, but, do you?” He answered, unsure of what to do with the information given.

He closed his eyes as she nestled herself in his mane like a bird, though opened one attentively as she tried to tell him something. What, made her feel threatened? Small? BAD?! Though she was flustered, the male had a look of concern on his face until the moment she revealed what truly was on her mind. He smiled, chuckled even, in a low baritone. “But you are lovely - beautiful even. I don't think I've ever seen someone... as lovely as you are.” He admitted truthfully, sighing a satisfied sigh. “You had me worried there, I thought I'd offended you.”

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
08-04-2021, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2021, 07:58 PM by Riannon.)
[narrow width=800]beautiful.

she stirs, then, somewhat lifting the fine head in a little startle;
that word crowded around her like a soft hallelujah; for a moment everything inside her head has gone clouded and gilt blush. in all her time, it might be the first time anyone has said as much right before her very eyes, and her lips part, and then close breathlessly, as if anything she'd meant to say earlier now went mute; flutters in her throat like wings.
  "you..."  he, what? paid pretty words to some silly untruth that she had never truly paid mind to, up until the nights spent with men? had already again begun to unsettle the territory of her by just those few words alone? sown a few fragmented, faltering pieces of her and set her to blooming?

she nips at her lip, and looks at her paws once more; using the claws there to gently knead into the deepness of his chest.

perhaps she hadn't let herself be ravaged enough.

but, no  — 
"i ... i never felt offended,"  she managed to return, still with a slight half-dumbness from his first words.  "but... do you have any questions? or places that hurt?there was the pleasant soreness that would seize at the both of them, come the morrow; that she knew. but if he needed to be enlightened on something, or needed to be relieved of any pain, then she'd rather make sure. he didn't seem to be of either sense, at the moment... but you never knew.

"let... let me know what i may do for you. please." [/narrow]

the staff team luvs u

08-05-2021, 12:52 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2021, 12:54 AM by Almight. Edited 1 time in total.)
Had no one ever told her before? He found that very odd. “I...?” He hummed in return, curious as to what she had to say before her own thoughts had shut her up. Hopefully she wasn't going to return the compliment, it would do the young Rache no good to grow vain.

He hummed again thoughtfully, nodding then at the question if something hurt. With his own large paws did he lead hers to where he was pretty sure his heart was. “This part right here, when I think of you alone if we've... awakened brood with our little escapade.” He said, clueless as he was, but like a true gentleman. He would not bring her home with him, for her own good, no - but he'd ensure her safety wherever she'd reside next. “So please... Tell me your name, so I may find you again.” He said, pressing her closer.

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
08-05-2021, 01:44 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2021, 01:46 AM by Riannon. Edited 1 time in total.)
[narrow width=800]he answered by cradling her paws in his greater ones, pressing them over the heavy beat of his heart. his words were seeking-sweet, and thus she leant towards his mouth without noticing, her mind featherlight and lulled once more ...

... but the rest made her pause, just before their mouths met. considering, despite her initial confusion; before nibbling at her cheek before pressing her words against his temple:
"there will be no pups,"  non-judgemental, and too busy preening at the curling tufts of his ears anyways.  "it is only during a female's season, her bleeding days, that children become such a result. the rest of it, though, well... you could do much in a day, and then night. ...even now,demonstrating by giving a teasing twitch of her hips against his belly, simpering against his jaw.

and as for her name... she has wanted to be found. but it was a wretched, godsgiven thing, given more thought than her final wish bestowed upon her after. it wasn't often that she thought of herself in such a way, if ever at all. it did not favor her. but...
  "you would not like it. it is... frilly.and so far, she'd only met those who looked upon her, didn't know that she knew and they might think her... weak. foolish.

excusable.
[/narrow]

the staff team luvs u

08-05-2021, 04:35 PM
For a moment, the man was ready for the responsibility. Children were not something he wished for, but he would ne'er become like his dad and leave whatever woman he courted with the lone chore of raising them. The Rache men bred tragedy and sin, thus those that came from him needed guidance - and who better to guide them but a Rache changed, having gone through the struggles they'd meet?

But that readiness faded when he was better informed. “Oh...” He breathed, tone nearing disappointment, eyes seeking the comfort of the nearby strands of grass and the preening near his ear. “Forgive me, I didn't know...” He scarcely more than uttered.

He then dared look upon her again, wanting to meet her gaze. “I bear no judgement towards whatever name you've been given.” He assured.

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
08-05-2021, 05:45 PM
[narrow width=800]"there is nothing to forgive,"  the nightingale murmurs, lips gentle at the dark crest of cheekbone, and then, gentling ever more at the fragile crease of his eyelid; at the dark brush of lashes found there.

once upon a time, she had been aurëwen, undimming. skyburnt, silverwood andraste. and now, here, in this wherever-world, with so much she didn't know, with no court, no children, no him  ...
"aėrith,"  a quiet, relenting sigh. but then she's giving a drowsy, luxurious stretch in his heavy arms with half-sleepy little mm'ing noises fluttering up from the back of her throat.  "... aėrith tindómisel,"  molds herself against him, allowing her mouth to leave a trail of faint petalsoft kisses down to the corner of his own. crescents herself, finally, into the promise of his embrace; going as tender as a bruise and sculpting her brow into the nook beneath his jaw.

"but, what of you?a slight tremor goes through her; but she tucks her paws more surely at his chest, kneading over the beat of his heart. she spends this moment studying the cartography of the stormcloak's face; as close to him as she'd been earlier, with rosebud nose and pale lips a whisper from his own.

"is your name all you are going to give me, kultsi? mm?"[/narrow]

the staff team luvs u

Content Warning
08-06-2021, 12:19 AM
Content Warning
  • Sexuality
He smiled then, kissing her back. At least he was a dumbass that was also a gentleman. Her name and noises made his tummy all aflutter with feelings - but that wasn't the only part of him that was affected by her so. There was another part of him that reared his head again, but he shifted to hide what she had awakened. “Aėrith...” He tried it in his own mouth, got a feel for it on his tongue, as he whispered it to her.

A growl playfully left his throat. “What of me indeed.” He said, shifting their bodies so he could now look down upon her instead of the other way around. “Almight.” He eventually rumbled in her ear again.

“But no need to practice - I'll have you scream it in no time.”
✷ ✷ ✷
After which the two were cradled by the world again, exhausted and deep into the night. Careful teeth plucked at the knots in her fur as they lay, steady paws keeping her in place. By her recommendation, he had taken a wee, but he couldn't deny when they'd gone a little rougher the second time, his little Him had become just a little soar and tender. He'd feel their connection within his muscles for days to come, a fact that only made him rejoice.

“You aren't going to slip away into the night and leave me here by my lonesome, right?” He mumbled sleepily, eyes but barely slits as he pulled her even closer.

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
Content Warning
08-06-2021, 01:28 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2021, 02:38 PM by Riannon. Edited 2 times in total.)
Content Warning
  • Sexuality
[narrow width=800]well, he couldn't say she hadn't tried;
her chords having been so taut that the result had been that they were still strained now, hoarse little huffs against his jaw. by the time he'd returned from the brush, she was aching for his touch and his teeth all over again; bleary-eyed and on the cusp of begging for it. had tried to tell him that she was not done, not with herself. but eventually, she had relented to where she rests now: held in place by great paws, left with her oversensitive figure to whimper and twitch at each graze of fang.

"al..."  sighing it for the eleventieth time into the damp of his throat, groaning dulcet at the faint, sweetly-hot scrape against her skin. he's gathered her close, this time; shimmying from his arms wasn't going to work again. a slow, telling shudder passed through her spine; suffocating in the scent of him. of them.  "no. i need something to fill me up in the morning,"  twinkling sweetly to him,  "and you need something to eat."

the tip of her tongue peeked out as she simpered prettily up at him, still a spot gone, trying return to herself still.  "who knows, though? i might want seconds. thirds, too—"

— and then he held her to him and she presses her mouth at the exhausted set of his mouth. tooths over the felt at his chin and lets herself mold into the lines of his figure. her mind knew that they both needed their rest, but... spirits damn her insatiable body.

"would you like me to stay? all for you?"

in all truthfulness, even though they ought to part paths on the morrow, she did not wish to leave him. ( and perhaps, if she gets lost in the dark of him enough, the mornlight will not be able to reach for her, wake her. )[/narrow]

the staff team luvs u

08-06-2021, 11:17 PM
The boy turned man yawned, his powerful jaws ajar wide enough for one to count every single one of his pearly whites. He snuggled up to her much like a pup would, too tired to care of how ridiculous it probably looked to outsiders. Despite him being the size of a mattress, he sure tried his best to crawl his way into her fur.

He had his eyes closed already when he said; “I'll fetch us breakfast in the morning.” and “Anything for you darling.” He made himself comfortable, even more than he already was, feeling tired enough to feel it in his bones. All the time in this realm, he'd never been this ready for the night.

“Yes please, only for me...” Were the last words out of the young Rache's mouth as he finally drifted off, mouth slightly ajar and the softest of snores coming from deep within the oven that fueled him.

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
08-07-2021, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2021, 01:32 PM by Riannon. Edited 1 time in total.)
[narrow width=800]
she hadn't the will the correct him; not when he mumbled away and held her the way he did.

but try as she might, she couldn't sleep.

the nameless, faceless souls of her court and the formless spirit of her husband stirred ever beneath her skin. whispered to her when her mind was wont to wander; hedged at the dark recesses, ever watching her from within. and so she is restless, taut-drawn.

taking a few moments extract herself from that ironclad hold to relieve herself doesn't seem to work, either; and for a time, as she leans herself against the bark of some tree, aėrith only listlessly watches the male she'd chosen to tangle with for this night. she does not know if she will see him again after sunrise. but she hopes that his rest is a thing as sorely needed as it seemed his wanting of her had been.

in the end, she folds herself against almight's ribs once more; settles for tucking her chin at his chest and making an absent study of the harsh angularity of his face, now gentled with deep sleep.

she supposes she'd know, eventually, if she woke up in the morrow.

a while after the sun crested, shooing stars behind her many veils for their own rest, she rouses with a little start; too ensnared with her own worry to know whether or not the stormcloak had gone from her. at once she clutches with blind, seeking agitation at her breast, feeling for a heart hot with blood and still beating. argent eyes still gummed shut with sleep; had she been returned to the godsplain? had they taken her from the side of a nightlove once more?

but this is not the dark of the after of her rest  –  for the world presses against the fragile skin of her lids, and lends its living winds to sift ever-gently through her pallid fur; there for her to take into her lungs and return.

tuoni had not summoned her;
her search could continue.

aėrith lets her head fall back onto the loam beneath her with a thin, wavering sigh; slings a wrist over shuttered lashes that tremble and eyes that burn with unshed tears, dredged up over dozing, intermittent instances the eve before. and though she bit harshly into her lip, curled her tongue tightly to the roof her mouth, it was futile.

a quiet, heaving sob shudders from her, half-stifled;
but necessary, even though she does not want it to be.
[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u

08-09-2021, 01:30 AM

When the boy slept, he was a heavy sleeper. It only made sense; once the sleepless night finally caught up with him, he'd need a while to rest his body. Though he barely noticed it, his frequent trips beyond the Reach weighed heavily on his vessel of seemingly indestructible muscle - his hunts even more so. Of course, the wounds he got he noticed, but the wear and tear of an overworked body he did not.

That's why, when the sun kissed his eyelids and the ghost at his side twisted in anguish, he awakened only slightly. Drowsily did he lift from his resting place, eyes plastered shut by the sandman himself. Sleep some more, the world was telling him, but it was no use. The beast had risen, and was ready for a newer, clearer day.

A day that brought the woman at his side to tears, apparently. He noticed her hunched figure, covering her face, shoulders lifting and falling at irregular intervals. What had befallen her? Did she regret the night they'd spent together? He couldn't blame her, he felt the same. He'd never wanted what they had had, but he had needed it - he'd taken it. If she was unhappy with it, it would make him just as cruel as his father was.

“pretty dove, what's wrong?” He asked, bopping a concerned paw on her back in an attempt to comfort - something he'd only rarely done, and wasn't very good at.

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
08-09-2021, 03:15 AM
[narrow width=800]
too tired to make nice word, 23:10 rn lmao i tried

that is, she would have stayed in such a manner; but she feels something nudge at her, through skin and bone, against her marrow; anchoring her. grounding her.

it's his voice that awakens her, with tears like summer raindrops trembling from the cusp of dark lashes. looks as him as if unsure of how material he may or may not be before her.
"... al?"
several heartbeats pass before she's leaning toward him with a wondering, filmy gaze and short, sifted breaths. but, no— he is real, and she feels him, too. the feé presses her mouth into the sleep-heavy shoulder, then, wisping, "i feared i had left, again ..." more to herself than anything. dewy lashes shuttering to damp cheek as she timidly draws herself further in towards him; now nestling her brow beneath his jaw. "... but you are here."

for a time, she stays this way against him;
preening delicate the fur near his throat.

then, stilling:
"it ... it was only an unpleasant dream, please, forgive me," her words barely escaping the soft part of her lips; how would anyone else believe her? and she can't help but wilt against him somewhat guiltily. that he'd had to waken on his first morning-after to such discomfiture, "i ... enjoyed our night together." knew she had ( she did; she does ) and knows that he is warm and solid and she yearns for both of these things in impossible measures; but she cannot bring herself to look at him just yet.

rests a moment; hopes that he hears her heart, too, and feels her contentment within it. even if he wouldn't wish to see her again.

even if only for now.
[/narrow]

the staff team luvs u

08-11-2021, 10:02 PM
Thick brows rise in confusion but also concern as she... woke up? He wasn't exactly sure what had happened, only that she was in distress and, seeing as he was the only one with her, that he'd caused it. Her words confused him until they didn't, assuming then that she might've been talking about how everyone had arrived here so... suddenly. In their sleep, in their death. Was she implying she feared for her life with him? Just because he looked like he could and would crush her skull with his colossal paws, didn't mean he'd actually do such a thing.

“It's alright, it's alright.” He rumbled with the emotional equivalent of that one gif of someone patting someone on the back with a broom near the toilet. He had good intentions, just not the skill. He cleared his throat, ignoring the expected reply to her words with; “Would you like for me to get us breakfast?” In a Mr-Darcy-esque manner.

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
08-11-2021, 10:36 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 10:36 PM by Riannon.)
[narrow width=800]argent eyes finally thread their ways up to meet his cloudgray  –  or, tried to, as he seemed to readjust himself somewhat apart from her. she nips down on the edge of her lip, chewing at it with a careful,  "that ... that would be very welcome, yes. please, of course,"  flushing clumsily pink beneath her coat; stout ears flickering back a little uncertainly. although endeared to his ... verbal inelegance, she wouldn't press nor mock him, of course; his thoughts and feelings on the matter  ( well, on any matter, of course )  were his own. she did not wish to draw away from this nearness that bypassed the flesh ... but she unfurled, anyways. rose to her paws with an arcing stretch, a slight grimace working its way through pale features.

but it would give him something to do, and let gather and prepare for wherever her next move would be made.

for a moment, she considers leaning down to brush some form of affection against his brow  —  but thinks better of it, and tries a soft, quiet smile for the stormcloak before turning her half-hazy focus to the rest of what she'd been foraging the eve before. perhaps she could restock, somewhat, while he took his time with hunting ...
[/narrow]

the staff team luvs u

scroll to top