Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

What about now?

Afternoon Sunny/Clear
06-03-2021, 02:04 AM
This thread is happening concurrently with this thread. @Valette

Steady and the quiet child had traveled into a valley that neighbored the mountains. Once settled, though, he had left him in hopes of hunting. Through the woods he appeared, sullen and moody as the floral meadow came into view. It hit him straight in the heart, as if he had been here before. The emotion, the feeling, was there, but the real memory eluded him. He knew instantly it had to do with Valette. 

He had not seen her in some time, since she had so eloquently stated her feelings of him. Part of him wanted to go find her again, fight for what he knew they had. But, he was still raw and couldn't handle another rejection from her. He needed to realize that things were not the same. This was not the world where they had fallen in love, whether he remembered or not. No, this was the world where Valette hated him. Hated him! What was he supposed to do? Move on? Find someone else? 

He shook his head side to side as his paws lead the way through the flowers. He wasn't sure what the future would bring, but he would focus on the child in his care and finding his parents.
the staff team luvs u
06-08-2021, 10:03 AM
Valette had kept to herself. She had seen a few wolves in passing and went to explore the lands were she woke up. She went further out in the plains, it was had always been easy for her to be alone. Though she was missing her sister. She found her way back to the meadow full of flowers. She hoped her sister would be there. Maybe she was still exploring she knew how the female was, she tended to forget time. When she didn't find her sister she decided she could use a rest. She moved to a more secluded part, but only slept hazily. Out in the meadow alone very felt safe.

When she heard someone approach she popped up from the high grass filled with flowers. She didn't expect to see him. She had been getting used to not seeing him. Though for once it didn't look like he had been looking for her. Her eyes watched him suspiciously for a moment. "Hello," she greeted quietly. She noticed his scent had changed another wolf. Interesting.
the staff team luvs u
06-08-2021, 09:39 PM
Valette's black antagonist was lost in his thoughts. He wasn't even sure where to begin with the young wolf, especially since it seemed this world was comprised of random individuals. It very well could be that Abimelec's family was not here. That would mean Steady would be his guardian, responsible for his well being. Deep down, he didn't mind. He found he liked having a purpose in this new world. 

A voice ripped him from his thoughts and his head shot up as his body paused in forward movement, his wide eyes landing on Valette, of all wolves. He composed himself quickly, her words ringing in his ears as if she had just said them instead of hello. He didn't repeat the greeting, instead opting to be realistic. My apologies, I did not know you were here. I will move on, he promised in a lifeless voice. Funny his brain had chosen those words to speak. Literally, he would move from this area and leave her be. But, would he move on from loving her? Could he? He must.  He turned to head south, away from her.
the staff team luvs u
06-21-2021, 06:47 PM
It seemed by the male's startled reaction that he wasn't out to stalk her. The female watched him curiously. So after she told him to back off he had listened it seemed. Her tail lifted slightly when he composed himself. The female was still curious why he smelled of another wolf, it scented like a child. What had his male been doing with a child? It wasn't like he had smelled of one before. She looked at him a little suspiciously.

"Why do you smell of a young child?," she asked before he could move away from her. "Are you a father?," she asked. Maybe it was a silly question. Because he said he had loved her, that she was his mate, but if he was a father... she couldn't be the mother. She was pretty sure she never had pups before. Her nipples were definitely not used, plus she was only two, and had never been in heat, as far as she realized.
the staff team luvs u
06-21-2021, 07:35 PM
He made the move to continue on, but her question stopped him. His immediate response was to tell her the truth, but something stopped him. I hope you choke on it. Her words rang through his brain as if she had just said them. What do you care? he asked, his voice neutral. I'm pretty sure you wished me dead, he reminded her. So, why did she care what he smelled like? Why did she want to know whether or not he was a father? 

Would it make a difference? His memories were hazy at best, mostly just feelings, no real pictures in his head. His feelings told him she liked kids. But, he was not dumb enough to try and use that to his advantage. Steady wasn't an underhanded wolf, and he didn't want to have to manipulate others to be with him. He was much more honorable than that. 

But, he wasn't above wanting to know just why she was so interested in him all of sudden.
the staff team luvs u
07-10-2021, 08:37 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2021, 08:38 AM by Valette. Edited 1 time in total.)
Valette quirked up her lips a little when the male spoke. Perhaps because of lack of social contact she caved some. She could use a conversation and just... someone around her. She was a social creature after all. After her  tiny smirk, she rolled her eyes. "So dramatic. I didn't wish you dead," she returned to him. "I just wished you some discomfort because you were giving me some," she pointed out to him. Sure, it wasn't entirely friendly but she hadn't harmed him in any way. It was just her way of defending herself without drawing blood or hurting someone physically.

It seemed it had hurt the male though, for some weird reason. Then she was reminded that she apparently was this male's mate. Which kind of weirded her out again. She was pretty sure she didn't remember him, or the life they were suppose to have. Frankly, she was pretty sure that she didn't have a mate. Her uncle would never allow it which was why they fled, her sister and her. She decided to push it away, worries for later. Her sister was an independent gal. She put her pink-purple-ish eyes on the male. "Is that why you stopped stalking me? Because you thought I wished you dead?"
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top