Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Tell me which one is worse,

Late Evening Overcast
P
05-30-2021, 04:29 AM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2021, 04:34 AM by Célnes. Edited 1 time in total.)
The day had been drawn. As the number of Elkshire wolves continued to grow, and wolves of different sizes - and shades started to enter, the Queen though, was never satisfied. She held greed, wanting to be a powerhouse in a way, to form how the Déorwine family should be, but not the fame of their namesake by itself, but by her paws, and her name. Célnes knew what she wanted, and was diligently waiting to get what she wanted. Slowly, was the crown reigning supreme as she so hoped, but it wasn't complete, not with numbers still being inadequate.

When that hit ; she knew what had to be done.

Every mature wolf, specifically female, hit a particular month within the year that makes them devilish, sinful, and overall one who drew the others near. Célnes though, did not think it would arrive this soon, nor was expected it. She felt the flushed warmth riddle her fur, and her tail high in pride. In these days normally the Queen would hide herself - yet it was chance, was it not?

What she desired most was numbers, loyalty, and strength. She could achieve that all, with her own blood. Manipulated and brought up to how she pleases, and not the customs that she was raised with, nor' the betrayals she has experienced. A form to her choosing, the ideal way to gain what she so wanted.

Though the issue came - who was the suitable donor to be? There was many males she could think of, but as the Queen of Elkshire itself, a Déorwine woman ; Célnes had particular taste. One that was well known, and thankfully so, rather easy to obtain. She was thankful at this renewal of her reigning crown there was less family, and more to choose. Though an idea, came to be.

Though he himself was not.. The most pleasant of fellows, he was the prime male to choose from. Not only he held the delicious coat of brown tones, and red eyes that fell to Déorwine characteristics, he was a man who would not force them away, and more or less, seemed to be someone who would not care for their existence. The pinnacle of an alliance ; the relationship of blood.

On the night her heat occurred, she sought for the man known as @Vengeance

the staff team luvs u
06-04-2021, 07:40 PM
^^
The Temperates. He grew more accustomed to their lands as time went on. He grew more possessive over them and it would only worsen over time as the Nightwalkers would gain more power for him to use to his liking. Every now and then he would roam further from the mist that was his home and into the now familiar lands of the temperate woods, keeping North of Elkshire's claim for now as to not arouse any suspicions of his ally.

Certainly he wouldn't do anything to tarnish it any time soon. 

At least not for a while. Not while his numbers were far too inferior in comparison to theirs. 

What good was he if he didn't think of what to do with his power other than to sit on the throne like some fat slob with zero ambition after all? The Warlord had to think of something else for his soldiers to do than to sit around and get bored. 

Tonight his mind would wander to something else. As a scent wafted in the air, one both similar and strange considering how it presented itself. Célnes was near... and her heat was a beacon that drew him in regardless if she wanted his presence or no.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
06-10-2021, 09:53 PM
"I would like to strike a deal," she called out the man in the shadows. A boogeyman to the wild itself - large in size and easily to be seen, for the smell was there. Though herself was flushed, distracted by the season that hit and the day that it came ; her mind in a haze. She shook her fur, head shaking slightly as she watched him so come from the shadows and confront so. Oddly so, did she thirst such a touch that the world seemed in rose-colored, and yet to see the disgust he carried.

"Strengthen our bonds, and grant me what I need," for loyalists. Numbers to gain and the desire of power, he of all should relate so. An easy way for a woman to gain so was to simply do what was in nature. For they would always be loyal with the proper of care, and the amount of love she would grant to them. How holy, they would be, with the perfect combination of a man of strength, and color that seemed absent from the land itself. How she needed him so, 

and wanted, at the moment. A disgust flourished her heart though, at simply how primal the moment felt.

the staff team luvs u
06-19-2021, 12:44 AM
^^
As she called out to him, the bogeyman made his appearance clear. Cutting through the undergrowth and shadows, letting the clawing darkness unveil the burning coals of his gaze as he listened to the King speak. Her words left little to the imagination, and it drew a mild smile upon his darkened lips.

No words were ushered in return from the man. Naturally he accepted her request, her demand, and already began to close the distance between them. There was no need for silly little games; and so he was quick to get down to business. This was a matter of simply "strengthening their bonds" and satisfying his beastial desires.

Just like in his past life, he had every intention of letting the Race genetics spread across these lands as it did before. One without his paw in their raising in general, but where his blood would spread like some kind of disease in one form or another. 

And something that he would need to begin in Blackwood as well in due time when his own females would fall into heat... With that thought, he let nature take its course between Celnes and him, and he would indeed give her exactly what she wanted in this moment.

fadey fade
^^
the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
06-25-2021, 06:01 PM
Her desire overrode the disgust, and perhaps shame as a Déorwine would've felt at the moment. Pride of the clan they carry and the blue-blood within their veins ; but he was a pinnacle of what they would want. Royalty aside and the way he carries himself, but beloved by he, who carries a thousand horns, the High Elk himself. Perhaps destined, for her gradual belove toward someone not of their life, though but a dimming flame, overtime it would've grown further. Though he, like most was cursed - and to redeem herself, perhaps, just maybe, she was sent someone to renew the holy line.

As the night went on and he accepted so, for reasons she didn't know or care to - he was just a beast to fulfil desires, while she wanted more then so. And so the moon, high in the sky, and the leaders entwining in unspeakable acts ; the pact was sealed.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top