Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Born to be,

Morning Partly Cloudy
P
05-19-2021, 10:51 PM
They had been at the plains at some time, particularly in the meadows. She wondered when it was time to move on, and what direction. She knew going north would lead to a more cold area, and there was a slight worry if they ended going west.. Remembering that there was more territoral wolves out there, and she did not know the extent of their territory, or who was roaming. Miriam was a bit reluctant she couldn't deny, but wouldn't openly oppose if the other two said something.

Upon wandering the fields and idly following some buzzing bees of the early spring, she saw a familiar white figure, though hue'd ever so slightly in a grayish morning, "Hello @Guildenstern."

the staff team luvs u
05-24-2021, 02:18 AM
 “Miriam.” The pale brute replied, voice a scrape of gravel. He’d, at the very least, gone out of his way to remember her name. Guildenstern looked the she-wolf up and down, making no effort to hide the unbidden scrutiny.

The sun rose over the rolling meadows, flowers swaying, spots of colors in a swath of verdant green. He didn’t ask how she was because he didn’t care.

“How are you finding this new world? Is it any better or worse than the one you left behind?”

the staff team luvs u
05-24-2021, 06:30 PM
The two brothers were quite alike in the stoicism they tend to take, though the biggest difference is she noticed Rosen had warmed up far more then the brother ; but she didn't mind, and generally got used to their emotionless displays. She could only smile and greet, a silver gaze fleeting just a tad toward the breezing flowers before back at the white knight, "It is.. Peaceful, but similar in description. I prefer here then there."

Memories may be fleeting of her time in the other life, but she will always hold the terrible nightmares that came with. Burdens that she didn't know that would come - and to some, it might just be dramatics, but a woman who lived in naivety within a Goddess's realm of maidens and earls, she never knew the terrors beyond their sanctuary.

"Where did you come from?" Miriam didn't believe she asked Rosen either..

the staff team luvs u
05-29-2021, 05:18 PM
 “I only remember the beginning, nothing in between.” After a brief moment of indecision, Guildenstern sat down and gave Miriam his full attention.

“We were born to the Birserkirs. Raised to thrive in battle.” And wither elsewhere. His eyes wandered up and down her form again, lingering briefly on her flank. The pale brute tipped his head snobbishly. “A woman’s purpose is to breed.” Such a stale and bitter belief, one that felt chalky on his tongue. “That is what we were taught.”

Finally, Guildenstern met the other wolf’s gaze. “I suppose I like here better, too.”

the staff team luvs u
06-29-2021, 05:29 PM
"Where I am from males are normally guards while the woman worship ; though gender discrimination isn't a normal." She had admiration for warriors and guards, as males when brought up were often raised by the other males, and destined to be a guardian. Though rarely did they take up other roles, she didn't remember too many times where any minded, but rather was embraced. The Orchid, was an open group of possibilities, as they believed destiny can by anywhere they so desire, as long as it does not stop others achieving their own goals.

However, Miriam wasn't that much of a fool. Despite naivety on entering territories, she held knowledge that many groups thought differently, and treated others as simple.. Lesser beings, much to her dislikement. She did not comment, only offering a solemn smile.. As someone who had no right to judge their culture.

"Do you miss it?" she asked.

the staff team luvs u
07-18-2021, 06:20 PM
 Discrimination. Guildenstern rolled the word on his tongue like a bitter-tasting wine, hard to swallow, harder to digest. Women were simply less, their very existence was necessary, but only up to a point. 

“I don’t miss it. But I’ve never thought of it that way.” The pale knight admitted. Shifting, he turned to the lavender hued woman, the one that had so enraptured his brother, enough to keep her tethered to their sides. 

“Do you consider yourself to be my equal?”

the staff team luvs u
07-29-2021, 06:12 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2021, 06:12 PM by Miriams.)
"In terms of strength no, but as beings, I believe everyone is equal." The core trait of the religion she adored and the Goddess she trusted- all her made equal with forgiveness, though some were tempted into the darkness that they could not control, and it was hard to move from the light. To help them so was a mercy, but she knew now that was but a naïve outlook, as some.. Simply were far too deep in to come out. She couldn't forgive him, nor' could she curse them - and existence Miriam wished to block out.

the staff team luvs u
08-03-2021, 12:46 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2021, 04:01 AM by Guildenstern. Edited 3 times in total. Edit Reason: closing! )
 “Everyone.” Guildenstern snorted. He'd never heard of such a preposterous belief. It stirred him enough to stand. “Even a rabbit? A rat? There are those that are above and those that stay below. Those that are born to be bred and those that are born to be eaten. It is the order of things. Better not to question it and allow the hierarchy to remain as its always been.” Strength and weakness was nature. The balance of power demanded a foundation of slaves.

He wished to entertain the fey’s naive ideals no longer, adjusting himself to fly elsewhere.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top