Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Another 40, 000 coming everyday, We can be like they are

Late Evening Thunderstorms 57° F
P
04-14-2021, 05:57 PM

^^
His search for the woman continued. On his way over to Elkshire, he had caught some of her scent around the mountain between the misty woods of home and that of the greener forest where Célnes held her throne. The woman's trail ran cold once more as he wanders away from the mountain and toward the placid lake.

As he approached, the damp air gave way to a thundering storm. Flashes of light crawled along the sky in veinous display. Branching out across the skies and lighting up the monstrous man below as he approached the water's edge for a drink. The boom of thunder vibrated the earth and sent ripples through the water to clash with the ones created by the flickering tongue of the Warlord who lapped up the substance, paying little mind to the thunderstorm that raged above.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
04-16-2021, 04:06 AM
Ire.

It was a familiar feeling, below the burn of anger, the intensity of rage. Ire was consistent, constant, especially now. It wasn't the storm that made her irritable but the fact that she felt like she was missing something. It was worse than when her mate-bond had broken, worse than anything she'd felt in all 30-something years of her life; a loneliness that transcended any notion she'd had of the feeling before. No longer was she man and wolf but simply wolf. Simply a creature. Was this some form of punishment for embracing that side of her monster so wholly? If it was, the punishment could get fucked. She'd thrive like this.

Stalking around the edge of the lake, the small, snowy wolf expressed a permanent frown, carmine eyes glinting like rubies in the storm-dark evening. The storm was a comfort in a way, and a nuisance in another, though surely not as annoying as she imagined the hulking brute nearby to be. Snorting softly, to herself, she veered, stopping only to grab a quick drink of water before turning to angle away from the lake. Away from the male.
the staff team luvs u
04-16-2021, 04:16 PM
^^
He didn't expect to see anyone out here at this time, where the thunder clapped above and lightning struck in long veins across the skies lighting it up in brief flashes. So as the small pale figure of another met with the water's edge as he did for a drink, his own crimson gaze met her as she actively avoided him.

A part of him just wanted to let her walk away. That he had no time to be wasting it on a possibly annoying female who wanted nothing to do with him, and yet, he also saw it as a challenge... and someone who may know more about the mountain residents he was seeking to know more about. Turning to face her as she walked away, he barked to draw her attention.

After all, if she didn't want to interact with another, getting into his field of vision was a poor way of doing so. Perhaps she was just playing hard to get - that was something he could get behind of. That snort she let out didn't help the idea that she wanted to gain his attention, which, she did. “Are you familiar with the mountain nearby?” He broke the silence, immediately making sure she knew he had business with her after all.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
04-17-2021, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2021, 05:56 PM by Valk.)
Of course he wasn’t going to leave her the fuck alone. Of course. Fucking men.

An ear flicked as he barked at her, near tempted to simply continue walking away from him. If she did, she’d be spared any asinine bullshit she could tell he was full of. If she didn’t, she might miss out on information that was important. Such as what the fuck was this place and why the fuck was she here?

Her lip curled, unhappy with her own decision as her paws came to a halt, tail flicking in her agitation as she turned to look at him. Ruby eyes glinted hard at him, cold and aggressive. Are you familiar with leave me the fuck alone? Alina snapped at him. Ah yes. Because this was exactly how to get information out of someone.
the staff team luvs u
04-17-2021, 07:20 PM
^^
The bitch was perhaps more volatile than Vengeance was, which was shocking, to say the least. She turned with a hiss and snapping venomous words back at him. Lips quivering as he fought the urge the snarl back and lunge, to initiate a battle for the sake of it - and his hairs did prickle at the thought of just doing it.

Instead, he sneered and turned away from the shrew. She wouldn't be of use to him now or after a battle regardless. If she wanted to be left alone that badly, then so be it. Without another word and his thirst quenched, he wandered away from the horridly bitter woman and back on track to the mission at hand.
^^
feel free to end with your post or keep it going with whatever Alina does!

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top