Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
i found roses set on fire

AW
Discovery
04-07-2021, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2021, 06:39 AM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
Unlike many other creatures that woke up in the Now, Rosemary did not have that panic wash over him. Soft eyes opened up, soft eyelids lifting. The eyes saw nothing, and so no panic took over the lad as he woke to a different world. Not too far from him, he could hear the dribbles of small waterfalls and could scent the over-growing scent of deer.

Rosemary sat up, face twisting around awkwardly as he used his nose to try and scent where he was. It smelt nothing like his home pack, which was more of a grassy valley than a mossy forest. With unsteady legs, he awkwardly shuffled towards the waterfalls. At home, a small, shallow river ran through the territory, and it wasn’t uncommon for many to use it as a way to get to the center of the pack lands.

When he got close enough to the waterfalls, he went towards the calmer outer reaches and licked at the water. This was when he realized that he must be truly lost. “Oh my.” He spoke softly. This tasted nothing like the river he was used to. There it had an odd tang, but this one tasted crisp, with the taste of stones that it had rolled through. Rosemary truly was lost.

+2 Discovery Points

the staff team luvs u
04-08-2021, 02:21 AM
How many, at this point, had awoken within the forest? Three, four.. Was it five at this point? No longer did Célnes keep count of the many who woke up from their once eternal slumber, only to be found within the forest of green trees, and thick fauna. Around was the various bushes and moss that covered the ground, grazed upon by the elk, and foraged by the smaller wild life that slept within the trees and small groves on the various holes to be found. A peaceful awakening, to be surrounded by such a lush forest where only the birds chirp in the distance, and the Queen, approaching with a pleasantful smile.

To be expected now, for not someone wandering in, but to be found within. Like a wisp from the fog, somehow their body morphed into the forest and there, the Queen saw another. Rosy in appearance, tranquil like, as they peacefully were by the river. Unlike the stereotype that hung with their pelts, so the believe the Deorwine holds. Red - a color so similar to blood, it was a belief it represented the barbaric traits that rain through their body, but if one were to see this figure, it would be the opposite.

"You are in Elkshire." From the shadows she emerged, keeping a distance away from the stranger.

the staff team luvs u
04-08-2021, 04:15 AM
A small amount of relief flushed through his veins at the sound of another wolf. Rosemary had heard them approaching and would have heard them sooner if it had not been for the falling water. When she spoke, he lifted his head and angled his ears towards her, but his face remained facing forward towards the water.

I apologize. I am not sure how I got here.” Elkshire was a name he had never heard of. Part of his pack’s duty was to know all the neighboring packs, and this was not one of them. Even if the pack was just created, they would have known about this place. He truly was suspecting that he was not close to home, in any sort of possible physical way.

With gentle steps, Rosemary turned around, facing the queen. If she were to look at his eyes, it would be obvious that he was blind. The pupils had a thick milk tint to them, unfocused and not seeming to actually hold any emotions. “I believe something has gone wrong.” He honestly wasn’t sure how else to phrase it. Rosemary’s mind could not comprehend the idea that he had practically teleported through realities.

the staff team luvs u

04-08-2021, 10:52 PM
"Be at ease." Though while she could see his whole being, he could not see her back. The smile that fell upon the Queen's face had was more lukewarm, neutral in like as the persona of a pleasantful noblewoman wasn't as needed for formalities. As long as her tone was nice, was sufficient at the time. Though a shame he could not see the luxuries of the greenery, and she did wonder how could such a would fare in this world.

"Most wake up the same, stranded in an unknown forest, but I do not have answers for you."
Célnes wasn't too wary of a blind stranger, especially as the common occurrence coming to the forest, most only desired a why, and a how. Though she could not give an answer, and only reassure they are of sound mind, not of a lunatics words. She had woke up the same, but the difference was the Deorwine was the first,, and the first to claim this forest. All in the name for her legacy - Elkshire.

the staff team luvs u
04-11-2021, 01:46 AM
The pack Rosemary had been raised into was very passive. When anyone else might have snapped back, the pack raised others to take it. It told them that they were bystanders in life, to not get involved. The leaders wanted them to see themselves as nothing more than the herbs they used. While others might have had an attitude to be told to essentially calm down, Rosemary was relaxed and felt nothing. Instead, he seemed to expect more, although with the nature that had been built would have accepted no further explanation.

She spoke as if this was a very common occurrence; to find oneself in an unknown land. Rosemary had found himself in unknown lands before, but he also always knew how he got there. The soft red wolf knew his history, his past, but if he tried to focus on main points, specifically at the time he must have arrived here, it all became an annoying blur. And it sounded like this was normal. The only evidence he might have given to the almost annoying emotions he felt was the swiveling of his ears as if they didn’t want to truly accept what he was hearing.

I...understand.” Rosemary spoke as if he knew the science behind how he had gotten to this forest. But what went through his mind was the main categories; he was in a place he had never been before (and that was normal), and that memories were murky for a lot of creatures. “I am a part of a healing organization; it is my job to help others.” If he hadn’t heard of Elkshire, then Elkshire would not have heard of his pack. His words spoke of an offer, a job he could do. It would fulfill the life’s quest he had been set on, and it would give this wolf a healer in return.

the staff team luvs u

04-11-2021, 06:49 PM
"Are you perhaps offering your abilities to us?" There was an amused drawl in her voice as the Queen approached closer, in almost a circling manner and watching carefully. A blind wolf that had clean fur, pampered, like nobility, surely had been with another pack for long. One couldn't live with no eyesight by themselves, she found the act simply laughable, and impossible.. Yet so was their appearance, simply like a nothing in the air, then there was a wolf in the middle of no where. 

"I am Célnes Déorwine, Queen of this forest." She stood in front of the blind rosen wolf, a curious stare to his own milky look, but there was a devious smile that he would not see.

the staff team luvs u
04-12-2021, 07:02 PM
It felt weird to make an offer; there had never been anything to make an offer for. But Rosemary had been completely uprooted, and he knew that he would not last long on his own. His blind siblings had trained hard to be able to fight and hunt, but Rosemary had no. No, even if he could see, he would be relying on someone else to provide for him. So was the ways of his home.

I am, I suppose.” All he knew about this woman was the tones of her voice. She seemed amused, but he couldn’t see how she seemed to stand in a manner that would signal bad news. “I am Rosemary, I hold no titles.” He would have become something special soon, held some rank over the regular members of his pack. But life was against him, so far.

the staff team luvs u

04-16-2021, 09:27 PM
"We do not have a medic; your abilities would be useful." She imagined if he left, life would be quite difficult for the blind wolf. Though with no healers in sight, she was bit greedy to keep him here, and felt rather she could have him by choice. Though Célnes trusted her words of persuasiveness to make him stay, to the point he seemed to be offering his medicial knowledge. She was curious in ways how a blind man could differentiate different herbs, but there would be a day to prove that yet.

"Do you pledge loyalty, to Elkshire?"

the staff team luvs u
04-17-2021, 01:53 AM
Rosemary knew that his skills were useful, but he didn’t know how useful they might be to Elkshire. He had grown up around healers, and so to him, a healer was common among wolves. It never crossed his mind that a pack might not have someone that knew herbs. But Rosemary also knew that he didn’t entirely care what pack he served, as long as he could still heal others.

I do.” For some reason he felt that there was no reason for him not to. There was a slight tension about Célnes, but Rosemary felt that if anything truly did happen, he wouldn’t have to be involved. Rosemary dipped his head gently to his new queen, willing to follow her to wherever he could set up his den. In the next few days, he would probably have the land mapped in his mind.

the staff team luvs u

scroll to top