Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Valentine is done

Late Evening Partly Cloudy 34° F
P
Discovery
04-06-2021, 09:28 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2021, 05:36 AM by Valk. Edited 1 time in total.)
@Khryseis, keeping his meeting with Hydra vague and unmentioned since it hasn't started!

^^
With the meeting with Hydra over, it was time to start heading back. There was no time to dawdle as Celnes also had to be spoken to before they start planning on an attack... the whereabouts of this woman had to be found out too and hopefully Eldra would prove her worth by bringing him back just that. However, he hoped to see a few more things around the mountain while he was here, along the coast, and then eventually move back South.

Here he could smell some wolves present, some from Hydra's group - and another fairly dominant indicated there may be another pack nearby using this as their main water source as well... or at least a common hunting ground. The man rounded the half-crested bay, where the water was calmer than he had ever seen before. If he hadn't known better, Vengeance could have sworn he could have walked on its clear surface as if it were glass. He spent little time lingering on its shallow beauty and continued to walk along its way, following where the different lead him...

Who were Hydra's neighbours he wondered?
^^

+2

the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
04-07-2021, 10:56 PM
[size=medium]
The scent of a male cross her nose, brought to her by the wind’s gentle carry. Violet eyes shot in his direction, and there in the small distance, he walked along the water’s edge. He was large, but not much larger than herself. Still, he was a sight to see. This immediately caused friction within, and her eyes narrowed a fraction. Silent speculations ran across her mind, bet he throws it around like he’s king of everything. Who does he think he is, anyway! Never mind the fact she hasn’t spoken a darn word to him yet to even see how he truly was. Ever the judge, she walked to condemn this assumed executioner. [/size]

[size=medium]Pride riddled her posture, a regal aura about her even though none even knew her name or scent. Her chin was slightly elevated a she approached, and though dripping in elegance she made no attempt to conceal her presence. [/size]
[size=medium]"Good evening,"[/size]
[size=medium]Her voice was velvety smooth, a lower octave for a female but still distinctly so. But it was all she’d muster for the time, as her mind still reeled with judgements and assumptions about his response. In the meantime, her light eyes shifted to the waters, and waited rather impatiently.  [/size]

[size=medium]@Vengeance[/size]
the staff team luvs u
04-08-2021, 01:25 AM
^^
Quickly enough, someone had approached. None of which that belonged to Empyrean or the new pack in question, this be had a scent about them that was virgin of any pack - at least, for now. The woman approached with a haughty stance about her, something he had certainly encountered before but she was more subtle about her approach. Vengeance held himself high enough, back and neck straight with a tail just stiff enough to declare that he was no peasant.

He was a Warlord again after all.

Crimson eyes washed over her feminine figure, another large one - it seemed that was rather not unusual here. “Good evening indeed.” The man's tail curled lightly at the end, intrigued with the woman and why she would approach a man like him. While she watched the waters, he was watching her...
^^
the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
04-09-2021, 12:14 AM
[size=medium]
His response was a clear, crisp, short one. But it sufficed, and it still danced within the lines of being socially acceptable, at least by her standards. His voice was low and thunderous, much like her grandfather’s. She remembered briefly, then, when he would tell her of his past battles, his numerous conquests. For a moment, this man reminded her of him, and it caused her eyes to soften a moment as she dared to steal a glance at him, before steeling herself once more. [/size]

[size=medium]"Is this your home, did I unintentionally trespass?"[/size]
[size=medium]She wagered not, but it was still a flow of conversation. She had given him something he could branch off of, quite generously so, and found herself pricking an eyebrow before she let her attention befall the ocean once again. [/size]

[size=medium]The entire scenery reminded her of her time among the Timbers, and while the memories were fond, she pushed them back away. To the darkest recesses of her mind she threw them away, as if they didn’t matter whatsoever. But they did. The prideful woman just wouldn’t admit to it. Her tail gave a flick as she wished her mind would just quiet itself. In this moment, she longed for his response, so that she may focus on him once again. [/size]
the staff team luvs u
04-09-2021, 01:08 AM
^^
There was a softness in her eyes, it was brief, but he spotted it regardless. “Luckily for you, it is not.” The low rumble of his voice slithered out of his maw as gentle as baritones may allow. Twisting his body around away from his previous path, the behemoth turned to face the woman completely now. Luckily for her indeed. These were neutral lands and he wasn't quite hungry enough either to make a meal out of her... plus, she intrigued him. He wanted to know more before continuing on his previous path.

This place was new. This place also had to be given a name if this were to be his home from now on... a thought that would be for later.

“Is there anything I can assist you with?” He approached. Posture straight and proud while his pace was slow and cautious. Watching her carefully. While her mind may wander to a time before this, he was focused on to her. Why would she come to him in a greeting, a cautious one as well. She must know of the danger that seeped from his pores, and so, why would test fate by making her presence clear?
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-09-2021, 07:57 PM
Goodness, he was full of himself wasn’t he? Deep down it sparked her interest but on the outside she scoffed, and let her lips purse slightly. She looked over his little comment, and while she surely did not doubt his power or tenacity, she wouldn’t feed into his ego if she could help it. It was his next query that she responded to, and with it her shoulders gave a small shrug. 
"I haven’t decided yet."
It was only the honest truth. 
"It would be a pretty home,"
She commented aloud, nodding along as her chin slowly turned so that lavender could lock with earthen hues.

She held his gaze briefly, then decided to fire back. 
"Is there something I can assist you with?"
A small emphasis on the word “you” as she let her brow arch again. While her voice was low, it still held a power to its deep octaves, but she still wasn’t showing much attitude if any at all. And that was luckily enough for him.
the staff team luvs u
04-11-2021, 09:10 PM
^^
She hasn't decided the woman says. The comment regarded the "pretty home" was nothing that held his interest. The beauty of a place meant little to nothing as far as he was concerned. This lake between two packs and such a place would be a pretty poor choice to claim for a pack that was not expanding on one of the already established two. Not to mention... nothing could rival the perfection of his misty woods.

“If that is an offer, there are plenty of things someone like you could assist me with.” He played along with her little game of words. Though it wasn't his favourite of games and more often than not they were a waste of time as neither player wanted to divulge more than they thought necessary - he would do so for as long as she held his interest. “What is your price?”
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-15-2021, 02:30 AM
He was much like her grandfather but in ways he reminded her of her father. She could only offer a low chortle as he spoke, a small grin played at the edges of her lips. Her pallid nose wriggled this way and that, as if detecting a new scent upon the wind. 
"Priceless."
She murmured, too expensive for you, she mused to herself. His oozing ego and brawn was much like Aurelius, while his attitude was much like a young White Timber’s. This pull she felt toward him was both a fool’s game and a tug at the heart strings. She stifled a sneer of disgust directed only at herself as she then moved the conversation along. 
"Maybe there is something you can help me with after all. Where...are we?"
Where am i, she thought. It was then confusion set in and this longing, haunting feeling of not knowing embedded itself. 

This man was confident, to say the least, so maybe he had answers for her. Her expression reflected her confusion for another brief moment before she tried to blink it away. 
"I am Khryseis, by the way."
She offered as a second thought, but she wasn’t sure what kind of name this boogie man type would have. She wagered it would be something formidable, like her own family’s was.
the staff team luvs u
04-15-2021, 05:43 PM
^^
It wasn't often that one caught the placid side of the Warlord - but it wasn't all too rare either. He fed off of the other's emotions, their fear fueling his sadism, their rage building on his own, their ego challenging his. But when met with the right individual, he was as calm as the eye of the storm. Temperamental with still that hair-trigger just itching to be set loose, but perhaps that is what separated himself from most monsters that wandered the deepest pits of hell like himself. “I go by Vengeance. Surely we could work something out, Khryseis.” Vibrating bass purred from his vocals as he stepped forward, daring to encroach just a little more into her space.

Then, the topic changed. Just like most he encountered, the conversation switched to where they were, why they were here, what they were doing here. All things that he was working on forgetting and simply focussing on the now. On how to build his new empire of nightmares in this dreamworld of theirs. Frankly, he had satisfied himself through forcefully making sense of it all.

“I call it Albtraum.” He started. A name he had thought over more than once before during his travel from his woods to the mountains, keeping his mind occupied. “So far all I've met awaken here, some remembering their past, others remember nothing at all. Whether you believe it is hell, heaven, a dream or a nightmare all depends on you, but I have no answers as no one has any by my knowledge.”
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-15-2021, 06:55 PM
She liked that. Vengeance took all of what he saw and twisted it to his own accord. He wasn’t sure, but he said he’d claim it anyway. Another tough reminder that he was similar to her grandad. She did smile then, and looked away almost bashfully. While her smile was warm with the memory of White Timber, it was also dripping in melancholy. It was just this feeling she kept experiencing, something she couldn’t explain. 

He stepped closer and the woman did not shy away. And while his words only confused her more, she dropped the subject once again because he was just as lost as she was - he only took the challenge on in a much different way. Probably the way she should have taken it on, instead of wallowing in her self pity. No, instead of shying away, she too stepped closer, further closing the gap between herself and Vengeance. 
"Maybe we can." She paused. " That’s lovely, Albtraum. I like it."
She could see the burning ambition in his eyes, almost. Or, that’s what she thought anyway. 
"I admire how you thought of that,"
She commented, her low voice shifting down an octave in volume, though she did not speak too quietly. 

Boldly, lavender lenses moved to dance with earthen hues, attempting to hold his gaze - glare? - for a moment. She wanted to breathe him in, feed off of him, perhaps siphon some of his confidence and anger and replace her sadness with it, to become more of the Timber she was bred to be.
the staff team luvs u
04-15-2021, 07:18 PM
^^
Every little distance between them that disappeared was another small victory in his pocket. He was not a romantic man, he followed his instincts and desires as they came and went on a whim. Granted he had his favorites but that was about it. Would she be added to that list? The lavender-eyed woman excited him enough to argue such a possibility that was certain.

All he had to do now was seize it.

In due time, perhaps he will. The cards simply had to be played properly. As she stepped forward he couldn't stop the twisting of his blackened lips in an upward curve.

“I am certain of it.” He confirmed, once again pushing the matter in his favor. His low-pitched vocals nothing but a whisper as far as he was concerned, yet they still struck the air without mercy. “None have given it a name yet, I must address it in some way.” He spoke with little meaning behind them, he held her gaze when she wanted to and simply filled the air with relative nonsense as he felt her gaze upon him.

“Is that all you need assistance with?” Coyly he prodded, noting that static between them. Oh, how he wanted to give in to it all immediately.
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-15-2021, 08:20 PM
The electricity she felt was amplifying with each passing second. She could feel the pressure building inside, threatening to consume her mind and thrust her thoughtlessly into this man’s arms. White Timber’s voice echoed in the back of her mind as if he was really there, guiding her. Or trying to. The temptation was a warm, inviting beast with a toothy smile and open arms. Vengeance surely would have his way and leave her to rot, but did she really...care? Wouldn’t it benefit her, too? Maybe not in the same ways but...maybe in others. She bit her bottom lip, lost in thought as the shrouding clouds of desire and gripping mists of longing began to creep up her spine. Lavender lenses traced the line and curves of his brawn and muscles, following up his neck and down to his jaw line. Things were set in slow motion, his voice deep and alluring, but she knew, she just knew none of it was out of good will. Is that why she liked him? The bad boy type, and she a free young thing, with no father to tell her otherwise. 
Control, Khryseis. Without it, you are nothing. 
It was a distant voice. It echoed in her mind, fading away just as it had come. She blinked, and finally let her eyes wander back up to his as she turned away quickly. 

Could she be so foolish? The darker side of her wanted to see just how mean this vengeance was. She showed her back and began to walk away. Slowly at first, her ears rotated behind so as to try and hear his next moves. 
"It was nice meeting you, Vengeance,"
Her deep voice offered, almost shakily. Was she nervous? 
"I should be going now. Maybe we can talk exchanges later,"
Would he pursue her, follow her, stalk her? Would he care to stop her, call for her? She wanted to see what he would do. Or would he simply turn and leave himself? 

She did not dare a glance back but kept her ears swiveled. Next time, maybe she would have something different to offer her. But she didn’t want to seem so... easily captured, no matter how intense the tension was. 

{attempted exit}
the staff team luvs u
04-15-2021, 08:41 PM
^^
She was quick to cut their meeting short just as things were beginning to heat up. The little vibrations in her tones did not go unnoticed as it too excited him. Sending all kinds of pleasure signals shooting through his veins, teasing his desires further. She turned her back on him and his mind raced with all the things he wanted from her.

His blood boiled and his pupils shrank as delirium poisoned his thoughts. Keeping his breath steady he managed to keep himself planted despite how his eyes wandered to her backside, to the blessed promised land that was hidden just beneath the veil cast by her tail. His muscles ached as they fought the desire to move, to follow, to take and defile with his existence - and yet, he stood.

“Until next time, Khryseis.” He tasted her name, teasing it on his tongue and casually letting the erotic desire slip through his tones alone. She did not glance back and yet he watched until she was gone. Until next time indeed. Like a poison he would let this meeting sit in his brain, fester and spread and should what he felt truly be present... perhaps it would for her too.

Though he was not unfamiliar with taking what he wanted, there was a certain sweet rush that came with letting things simmer and wait until perfectly ripe for the picking. For how much more satisfying would it be for this to reach its peak in their next meeting and let those sparks fly after days, weeks, months of build up? It was a rare treat... and he would not squander it.
^^
End! 8)

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top