Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Unnamed "The Great" Inspired Kingdom

AW
06-06-2023, 01:32 AM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2023, 01:12 AM by wolf.mouth. Edited 5 times in total.)

Huzzah, Russians of Canis!

Ever since Hulu's series "The Great" came out, I have been obsessed beyond repair. I thought the obsession would pass but... behold, they let loose another season! Absolute mad lads. So the obsession has only grown, and now I want to make a group inspired by the show with characters that parallel the ones in the show! You do NOT have to have watched The Great to participate, though I should warn that this will be heavily 3-3-3, with sometimes sexual and violent themes in an attempt to better reflect the show. You should never be made to engage in these topics without consent but, be warned that they will be mentioned and included.

The Location I think would best fit this group is probably Highvalley Hollow, though Cloudrest is a decent close second if Highvalley doesn't work out.

There is NO name intended for this group yet, though I'd love to discuss and work it out both IC and OOC! Let's build this thing together!!

Ranks will be fairly simple and Monarchy-Based, with the intention of having more character-specific ranks. Rather than having characters try to fit into a role, the role with fit the character instead making the ranks a bit more personable to each individual.

Possible and Confirmed Participants:
-myself with @Ekaterina
-Gina with Alekseii
Feel free to contact me via PM on-site or via discord (wolf_mouth or perfect rat carcass) for any further information or to ask questions!

the staff team luvs u
[Image: df2ntf2-0e9311d3-b87d-42f2-bae5-a49191ef...Er0ULw3CuY]
@perfect rat carcass#2928 on discord
06-06-2023, 01:32 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2023, 03:59 PM by wolf.mouth. Edited 7 times in total.)

"The Great" character "adopts"/Fill-Ins!
Some descriptions of some characters that I'd like to see made. You don't need to follow the character parameters perfectly, and you are welcome to alter the relationships however you please (with some exceptions). Simply PM, DM on Discord, or reply to this thread to claim! Please include the profile of the character you intend to use for the role and any alterations you intend to make!

Catherine:
 Wise in words yet not so much in people, Catherine is the self made Queen. She wants progression but, often lets loose her own instincts and becomes the very monster she wishes to destroy. Though sentimental and empathetic, Catherine also has a darkness within her- truly making her a Russian Queen!
 Claimed by Myself with @Ekaterina

Peter:
 Impulsive and immature, Peter is the husband to Catherine and father to their son, Paul. Despite his childish atmosphere, Peter is surprisingly loving and caring for his son, even sometimes more-so than Catherine. He tends to work with people much better, being sometimes rather charming and inviting, though he lacks an otherwise calculated diplomatic approach.
-Edited Note!: Peter should mainly be a possessive person, above all. As Ekaterina(Catherine) becomes more sexually open, Peter will be inclined to act as though he doesn't care, meanwhile he is extremely jealous. The Peter character may also be scripted to die or be exiled at some point, as he plays an almost pseudo-villain role.
 Unclaimed!

Paul:
[
indent]Currently a blank slate of a character since in the show he is only a child. Raised by loving father Peter and focused mother Catherine, Paul should be a light combination of them both while also having his own individual spirit. Have fun with this character! They do not have to be any specific age, though it would be preferable if they started out rather young.
 Unclaimed!

Velemontov:
 Not gonna lie, my favorite character from the show haha! A drunken seasoned war general with a knack for getting very passionate in all that he does. War is a painting, every battlefield a poem. And Catherine, a porcelain doll who's eyes you can get lost in. A bit perverted in nature but, a well meaning and loyal veteran ready to fight for his country at any given moment.
 Unclaimed!

Orlov:
 The wise and tactful advisor! Often in Catherine's ear about one thing or another, always seeking for better ideals and improving the nation. He's very nervous as well however, being quite introverted and anxious especially in social encounters.
 Unclaimed!

Elizabeth:
 Aunt to Peter and another acting advisor to Catherine, Elizabeth is much smarter than she puts on. Her eccentric and spiritual nature often leads to others dismissing her, while her sexually liberated lifestyle can also make people assume she hasn't much going on her mind. However, she is extremely resourceful and plays life like a beautiful game of chess!
 Unclaimed!

Marial:
 Though starting out as a mere servant to Catherine, she has grown to be one of her most trusted allies and advisors! They have their differences, her and Catherine, but Marial's passionate want for the future and her independent ways of getting there shines on regardless. Marial rarely ever fears stepping on any particular toes in order to get what she wants or needs.
 Unclaimed!

Vinodel
 Scientist, doctor, and lover of Elizabeth. Vinodel is a man of science and discovery! Though his methods sometimes brink on the precipice of torture, Vinodel is still a formidable man with a mind forever shooting for the stars, fueled with curiosity. He loves to often engage in spiritual discussions with Elizabeth, both for her benefit as well as his own.
 Unclaimed!

Missing someone you were hoping for? Still feel free to claim them! I can add profiles later on for any characters I may have left out!

the staff team luvs u
06-06-2023, 02:13 AM
I'd LOVE to throw a character here!

Also sidenote, Morðfjall is claimed by Hrafnsvaktin, its just the reform tool hasn't been fully built so it's not showing correctly!
the staff team luvs u
[Image: threadtopimage.jpg]
06-06-2023, 03:07 AM
I don't have anyone for this but as potential near neighbors I'd be happy to have a thread/help get you some formation points once things are moving (: Ira likes to keep tabs on packs within a few days travel of her own
the staff team luvs u
06-06-2023, 05:08 AM
(06-06-2023, 02:13 AM)Gina Wrote: I'd LOVE to throw a character here!

Also sidenote, Morðfjall is claimed by Hrafnsvaktin, its just the reform tool hasn't been fully built so it's not showing correctly!

I didn't know Hrafnsvaktin was returning! Pardon me LOL

Also yeeeee Feel free to toss out ideas and claim whomever :D
the staff team luvs u
06-06-2023, 05:10 AM
(06-06-2023, 03:07 AM)Aso Wrote: I don't have anyone for this but as potential near neighbors I'd be happy to have a thread/help get you some formation points once things are moving (: Ira likes to keep tabs on packs within a few days travel of her own

OOOO I love Ira!! Sounds like a plan! I can tag ya when I'm all ready and good to go if you'd like? :0
the staff team luvs u
06-06-2023, 05:21 AM
(06-06-2023, 05:08 AM)wolf.mouth Wrote:

I DMed ya on Disco! I have a new design I might wanna use HAHA
the staff team luvs u
[Image: threadtopimage.jpg]
06-06-2023, 05:28 AM
(06-06-2023, 05:21 AM)Gina Wrote:
(06-06-2023, 05:08 AM)wolf.mouth Wrote:

I DMed ya on Disco! I have a new design I might wanna use HAHA

:0 *RUNS*
the staff team luvs u
06-06-2023, 07:02 AM
(06-06-2023, 05:10 AM)wolf.mouth Wrote:
(06-06-2023, 03:07 AM)Aso Wrote: I don't have anyone for this but as potential near neighbors I'd be happy to have a thread/help get you some formation points once things are moving (: Ira likes to keep tabs on packs within a few days travel of her own

OOOO I love Ira!! Sounds like a plan! I can tag ya when I'm all ready and good to go if you'd like? :0

Yeah that works though she just gave birth so she's not leaving home for a few weeks so no rush!
the staff team luvs u
06-06-2023, 04:13 PM
(06-06-2023, 07:02 AM)Aso Wrote:

OOOO I love Ira Sounds like a plan! I can tag ya when I'm all ready and good to go if you'd like? :0

Yeah that works though she just gave birth so she's not leaving home for a few weeks so no rush!

Oh oke
No worries <3 Congrats on the pups btw!
the staff team luvs u
06-06-2023, 07:12 PM
(06-06-2023, 04:13 PM)wolf.mouth Wrote:
(06-06-2023, 07:02 AM)Aso Wrote:

OOOO I love Ira Sounds like a plan! I can tag ya when I'm all ready and good to go if you'd like? :0

Oh oke
No worries <3 Congrats on the pups btw!

ty!
the staff team luvs u
08-14-2023, 12:56 AM
Nevena is up and running for this!  1_face_grin
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top